Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does B of A hold a grudge?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does B of A hold a grudge?

I believe they mainly pull EX in this region.  I live in the Midwest as well and last I checked they pulled EX (for BofA AmEx) and TU (for BofA/FIA Fidelity AmEx).

Message 21 of 26
enharu
Super Contributor

Try checking whogavemecredit and also google search "credit pulls database". There's quite a bit of useful info.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 22 of 26
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

The retail banking arm (checking accounts, etc) is very separate from the credit card arm. It's unlikely to be an issue.
Message 23 of 26
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Whogavemecredit is a horrible site....very diffult to navigate. From my research, I think they'll pull either EX or EQ. I'll just bite the bullet and apply for a regular card.

Message 24 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 25 of 26
CS800
Super Contributor

I burnt BOA pretty bad in the 2005 timeframe. I wasnt credit savy at all and had 3 cards with them (2 were formerly MBNA).

In 2010 after paying off these cards (i had them closed so I can be on a payment plan), I paid all 3 cards in full, waited for 6 months (briought me to 2011) and applied for a credit card with them. Flat out denied and was told I will have to wait another 5 years to apply.

Early 2012 (my lates were about 6 years old then), I applied for the 1-2-3 Privileges card, got a call and was approved for $15K. I thought they would have banned me for life but miracles happen. I have my mortgage with them and always paid on time; that might have helped.

They pulled EX back then. I'm in MA. Good luck

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.