cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BB store card open the door for CITI?

tag
blk8
Regular Contributor

Does BB store card open the door for CITI?

Just like the subject says .... if I get approved for a BB card, does that get my foot in the door with CITI for their credit cards if im aiming for that in 8-12 months or so?

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Does BB store card open the door for CITI?

No more or less than getting a card with another issuer. Citi's mainline cards are issued by CitiCards US whereas Best Buy is issued by Citi Retail Services, both operate independently of eachother under Citibank USA NA. Being blacklisted by CitiCards doesn't preclude getting a card from Citi Retail Services.

Message 2 of 5
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Citi started sending me heaps of pre-selected offers, but it may or may not have anything to do with the retail cards I have with them.

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@mxp114 wrote:

No more or less than getting a card with another issuer. Citi's mainline cards are issued by CitiCards US whereas Best Buy is issued by Citi Retail Services, both operate independently of eachother under Citibank USA NA. Being blacklisted by CitiCards doesn't preclude getting a card from Citi Retail Services.

+1

Message 4 of 5
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@mxp 114: Well that just burst my balloon. I thought I might have had a foot in the door with Citi also when I picked up my Sears and Best Buy cards a couple of months ago.. Darn!!

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.