cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Bank of America Product Change?

tag
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Does Bank of America Product Change?

That is interesting! When I converted my Platinum Plus (originally an MBNA card) to Travel Rewards last year, I kicked myself for not doing the BBR instead. If you did the Cash Rewards to BBR, then I assume it may be an option for me to PC. I'm planning to wait until the promo BT ends on my BankAmericard and move the limit to my Travel Rewards, after which I should give them a call to see if I can change it to a BBR.
Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I called twice and both reps didn't have any hesitation, maybe they changed their policy. The second time I called to confirm, the rep wasn't surprised that I requested a PC since he said that that's a pretty common change.

Message 22 of 30
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

I called in about a week or so ago to have my formerly secured Visa Platinum converted to a Cash Rewards.  I was skeptical about it since it was a low CL secured card to begin with.  But the reps have assured me the conversion was approved.  It's just that the time frame is 2-4 weeks.  I'm sure it has happened quicker for others, but I'm still waiting!  I hope this sets me up for a future auto CLI.  

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 23 of 30
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

My PC went through immediately online but I do recall it taking about a month before I actually received the cards (they sent me 2 in 1 envelope - a backup?).  I haven't actually swiped a BOA card in over a decade so it didn't really bother me, but that is a long time to receive a card compared to other lenders.

Message 24 of 30
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

My PC went through immediately online but I do recall it taking about a month before I actually received the cards (they sent me 2 in 1 envelope - a backup?).  I haven't actually swiped a BOA card in over a decade so it didn't really bother me, but that is a long time to receive a card compared to other lenders.

Yes, the first phone call was an immediate approval but I was skeptical because it's taking so long.  But since you said it took a month for you, I guess this is normal!  I don't use this card anymore because of the low SL of $500 and the fact that 3 years later it's still at $500!  But I figured maybe a product change would help with a CLI.  Also I still have a Ch13 still reporting, so I know that has alot to do with it.  I'm patient.  They'll come around soon enough!  

EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Message 25 of 30
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Yes, the first phone call was an immediate approval but I was skeptical because it's taking so long.  But since you said it took a month for you, I guess this is normal!  I don't use this card anymore because of the low SL of $500 and the fact that 3 years later it's still at $500!  But I figured maybe a product change would help with a CLI.  Also I still have a Ch13 still reporting, so I know that has alot to do with it.  I'm patient.  They'll come around soon enough!  

Just give it a little...BOA will come around.  My Ch 13 is still alive and well on my report and I've got (2) Cash Rewards, a Travel Rewards, and a Alaska Airlines which them.  All instant approvals with CL's ranging from $6.3k to Alaska being my highest at $17k.  All obtained within the past 10 months.  Crazy right?  Smiley Happy    I'm guessing my time with them helps.  I've had my accounts back before it even became BOA.  My account started with Boatmen's turned Nations Bank turned BOA.  I do keep a large amount in my accounts with them, and they also have my Roth and my Merrill Lynch account.  So maybe that played a part in my approvals as well.  

Message 26 of 30
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

@luxeprw9 wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Just give it a little...BOA will come around.  My Ch 13 is still alive and well on my report and I've got (2) Cash Rewards, a Travel Rewards, and a Alaska Airlines which them.  All instant approvals with CL's ranging from $6.3k to Alaska being my highest at $17k.  All obtained within the past 10 months.  Crazy right?  Smiley Happy    I'm guessing my time with them helps.  I've had my accounts back before it even became BOA.  My account started with Boatmen's turned Nations Bank turned BOA.  I do keep a large amount in my accounts with them, and they also have my Roth and my Merrill Lynch account.  So maybe that played a part in my approvals as well.  

Good to know!  Thanks for that valuable information!

All of my accounts are with BOA and Merrill Lynch as well.  After being with Chase for over 20 years, I switched over to BOA about 6 years ago.  I'm happy with them and have substaintial assets in my ML accounts, so I hope I get some credit card love soon!  

EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Message 27 of 30
bentleyboii
Established Member

Sorry To Reply So late So it seems when i called today they said no go to my pc and i dont get why....The card was a secured card 2 years ago it has been graduated for over a year and the limit has increased multiple times now at over 2500$. he said it is impossible to pc a previously secured card and i would half to reapply for a new card and move my available credit to that. and that does not sound right with what im reading on all these forums can someone please advise me possibly a better course of action or if that truly is the only way. And a good number to call for this i called the main number and they had very scarce information

Starting Score: 660
Current Score: 580
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 30
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Call back a few more times seems to be the trick with them.  If you still keep getting no escalate the call and have someone from their EO contact you.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 29 of 30
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

I recently called to PC and was told they do not PC from regular to legacy cards.  I could PC my Plat AK Air to a cash rewards or travel rewards but nothing else. I closed it after transferring CK to my AK Air Siggy 

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.