Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Bank of America back date?

tag
davidsawsparks
Contributor

Does Bank of America back date?

I had to call into the credit analyst yesterday to provide information before they could approve me for the BofA Travel Rewards card. During our conversation, he thanks me for be a "loyal bofa account holder since 1993". I have never had or been approved for a BofA credit card account until this week. However, when I was younger, I grew up in California and I did have a BofA checking/savings account. Anyone know if the credit card i just got approved for will say member since 1993 based on a previous bank account or will it say member since 2014 since this is my first credit account?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Does Bank of America back date?

@davidsawsparks wrote:

I had to call into the credit analyst yesterday to provide information before they could approve me for the BofA Travel Rewards card. During our conversation, he thanks me for be a "loyal bofa account holder since 1993". I have never had or been approved for a BofA credit card account until this week. However, when I was younger, I grew up in California and I did have a BofA checking/savings account. Anyone know if the credit card i just got approved for will say member since 1993 based on a previous bank account or will it say member since 2014 since this is my first credit account?

It won't backdate on your credit report (which is all that matters).  I doubt if it will show on the card either.   

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.