Valued Member
oracleicom

Does Bank of America blacklist?

Hello all, I've tried getting a boa cc a couple of times now without success.  My scores are as follows TU 647, EQ 637, EX 636.  I can't even seem to get the 99/500 cc :smileysad:

Any suggestions?

Thanks
New Contributor
Savings321

Re: Does Bank of America blacklist?

That's odd. I was instantly approved for a 99/500 card and my EQ,TU in the high 500's EX in low 600's. So I would imagine that since your scores are higher than mine, by a decent bit too, that you should have been approved as well. I'd maybe call or email for a reconsideration...
Valued Member
oracleicom

Savings321 wrote:
That's odd. I was instantly approved for a 99/500 card and my EQ,TU in the high 500's EX in low 600's. So I would imagine that since your scores are higher than mine, by a decent bit too, that you should have been approved as well. I'd maybe call or email for a reconsideration...

Where did you apply for the card??? Do you have a link to the app?? Because when I went to the pre-approval link I thought I would have at least got offered the 99/500...but I was only offered the secured card (which you have to deposit upwards of 300).  Thanks in advance
Valued Member
oracleicom

That's the link that I used and I was only offered the Secured Card.  It asked for a deposit upwards of $300.  Would it say 99/500??
Valued Contributor
ashabbir1

I was also offered boa secured card. I just got it. How long I should wait and call them to change it to unsecured credit card?
Thanks

Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Guess it ain't just me. I too only got offered secured.

Either it ain't working, or it only works during business hours, or it's working and we're just on their S***-List.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

oracleicom wrote:
Hello all, I've tried getting a boa cc a couple of times now without success.  My scores are as follows TU 647, EQ 637, EX 636.  I can't even seem to get the 99/500 cc :smileysad:

Any suggestions?

Thanks

So did you have an account with them that you defaulted on?
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

New Contributor
Savings321

I think you have to actually apply and be denied. Sacrifice the Hard Inq to get the 99/500 offer. That's my understanding anyway. I talked to one of the BoA intant chatting ppl and that's what she told me anyway. That you have to apply and be denied. No account with them is necessary, but there is no special link or page for the card. I don't believe you can be pre-approved for it either. If it's worht it for you, like it was for me. Take the Inq hit and you should be offered the 99/500 card. Good Luck!
Frequent Contributor
ragcajun

Bank of America is weird.  I have their card and I am not happy withthem.  Their customer service sucks!

You can select credit cards and such for pre-approval codes.  It's online and free and you don't get a hard inquire!  That way you can check to see if you qualify for any othe their cards. 

You can also do this with speigel.com.. Select your account, then look for pre approval codes.  It's a easy way to see if your scores are high enough for credit approval. 

I am looking for other companies I can do the same thing with. Let me see if I am approved without running my credit.

AMEX GOLD-No Pre-Set Limit, AMEX Blue-$25K, AMEX Clear-$25K, AMEX Optima Plat-$25K, Sam;s Club $10K, Cap One $6K, Citi Plat.-$11K, Discover More -$10K, Columbia Bank-$9K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}