cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Bank of America currently report AUs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Bank of America currently report AUs?

Hello

I have been searching the boards and I am reading conflicting information re: whether Bank of America reports AUs to the credit reporting agencies. Does anyone know?

Have any of you had success with an AU being placed on a BofA credit card? I have called BofA as well but have also received conflicting information from their service reps. Thank you!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does Bank of America currently report AUs?

I am a AU on my mothers and it reports.

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello

I have been searching the boards and I am reading conflicting information re: whether Bank of America reports AUs to the credit reporting agencies. Does anyone know?

Have any of you had success with an AU being placed on a BofA credit card? I have called BofA as well but have also received conflicting information from their service reps. Thank you!

Welcome.

I have several AU's that BoA reports.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 6
dharalex
Established Contributor

I'm an AU on 2 BOA accounts, and they both report. One account had a baddie and I had my DH take me off as an AU, and it was removed completely.

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 4 of 6
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Ditto here as well, AU reporting.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 5 of 6
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Have any of you had success with an AU being placed on a BofA credit card?

11 years ago my first tradeline (with no credit history whatsoever) was an AU on a Bank of America credit card. The card was opened specifically for my own personal use by a friend. A few years later Bank of America allowed me to convert my status to become a "coapplicant" with my friend so that we were both equally (jointly) responsible for the account. Once my credit scores were in the mid 700s (with three more credit cards of my own), we requested that Bank of America remove my friend from all responsibility for the account.  Bank of America approved that request and that original account became an individual account owned by me alone. To this day it is my oldest account. I often reflect about what a great friend I had, who helped me so much.

This quick start on the road to an 800 FICO score was no accident. It was well planed and all of the steps that were taken where confirmed as allowable before the card was applied for.

Hopefully Bank of America is still one of the few banks who provide the option to go from "AU" to "Joint" then "Individual" on a credit card. Imagine how that could help the son or daughter of a BofA account holder Smiley Surprised.  

Needless to say I strongly encourage you to take advantage of the oportunity to be added as an AU on a BofA credit card. Now if the person who is adding you to the account doesn't really need the credit card anymore in a few years.... Maybe, just maybe... Smiley Wink Smiley Very Happy .

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.