cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Barclay Arrival (Not Arrival Plus) NOT have foreign transaction fees anymore?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Barclay Arrival (Not Arrival Plus) NOT have foreign transaction fees anymore?

In here: http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/arrival-travel/terms

It says:

• Foreign Transaction

0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.

Does that mean no foreign transaction fee at all on the plain Arrival? A card with no annual fee? How do they make money then?

Also, does Barclay Ring also have no foreign transaction fee? I remember reading a blog post about it a year or so ago, and have no idea what happened to that.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Barclay Arrival (Not Arrival Plus) NOT have foreign transaction fees anymore?

@Anonymous wrote:

In here: http://www.findmybarclaycard.com/barclaycard-credit-cards/arrival-travel/terms

It says:

• Foreign Transaction

0% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.

Does that mean no foreign transaction fee at all on the plain Arrival? A card with no annual fee? How do they make money then?

Also, does Barclay Ring also have no foreign transaction fee? I remember reading a blog post about it a year or so ago, and have no idea what happened to that.

You read that correctly! No foreign transaction fees Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Barclay Arrival (Not Arrival Plus) NOT have foreign transaction fees anymore?

Im assuming they make money bc the regular Arrival only gets 2x for dining and travel vs. 2x on every purchase. Smiley Happy But correct, regular Arrival also has no FTF. Thinking this will be the card I PC my Aviator to next year if possible.
Message 3 of 7
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same way as many cards make money: swipe fees and interest charges.   

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That post makes the governance of the Ring seem awesome!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that post is from 2013. So, something should've changed if the governance was that awesome! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.