Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Barclay move CL ?

tag
slund5499
Established Contributor

Does Barclay move CL ?

Has anybody had success with moving CL from one barclay card to another?

I was thinking to move my $1K from rewards card to new Sonoma account.

In the garden since 02/1/23. Newest Account AU Discover It 10K
02/23 Scores; EQ 608 TU 642 EX 575 CCU: 20%, Inq. 2, 1, 2 Collections $39K
Lending Club: newest account 2/3/23. Old Fico 1/17 EQ 530 TU 542 EX 512

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Barclay move CL ?

Yes, they have for me from NFL Signature to Cash Forward

Message 2 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Yes. The Arrival+ was eligible for a CLI so I accepted and immediately moved the newly received amount to the Aviator  Red as this one got approved as 3rd card with a low limit. No issues at all. If you do so don't forget to ask to lower APR Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They absolutely do! Call the back door number and you can have this done in seconds.

Yesterday I closed my Rewards card and transferred all of the available credit to my Ring card, no questions asked and it took effect instantly.

Message 4 of 9
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

Do the accounts need to be open 6 months like Cap One?

Message 5 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

They are pretty much one of the easiest to move limits around.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe they have to be open for 6 months.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good information thread as I plan on moving one card to another in a few months. 

Message 8 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't believe they have to be open for 6 months.

You're right, I once opened the Apple card thinking I was going to put my new macbok pro on it but decided not to. I called Barclay up before I even had the card in my hand and was able to transfer the limit to my Arrival card and close the Apple card no questions asked. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.