Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Barclays decrease interest rates?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Does Barclays decrease interest rates?

I got the JetBlue card from Barclays but the interest rate is very high. Can we ask for the reduced interest after a period of time having the card? Does Barclays consider this kind of requests? I dont want to pay high interest rates.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Barclays decrease interest rates?

Yes, they do consider Apr reductions.

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Thanks for the reply. How long we have to wait before we ask for the reduction? Do they hard inq for reducing the interest rates?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

Thanks for the reply. How long we have to wait before we ask for the reduction? Do they hard inq for reducing the interest rates?

I was able to get one at the 4 or 5 month mark. It was not a hard pull.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received two 1% reductions followed by a 4% reduction on my former Barclay Sallie Mae MC spread over a year and at six months I received a $4,000 CLI on my Barclay Sallie Mae automatically generated by them (I did not request and it was not an HP)..

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Red1Blue wrote:

I got the JetBlue card from Barclays but the interest rate is very high. Can we ask for the reduced interest after a period of time having the card? Does Barclays consider this kind of requests? I dont want to pay high interest rates.

Yes just call in and ask if you have an offers for an APR reduction...good luck!!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well they certainly have an established track record of reducing credit limits.

Message 7 of 8
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Check out my thread about this topic.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-BarclayCard-CLI-Soft-Pull-thread/td-p/3...

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.