Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Barclays limit number of cards?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Does Barclays limit number of cards?

Does Barclays limit the number of cards a person can have?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Barclays limit number of cards?

4 isn't enough?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

this was just asked the other day. don't forget the search function Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It's not the number of cards (I used to have 6 with them at one point), it's whether they're willing to lend more or you have reached a maximum exposure.  In the event you've reached the max, and provided UW has some flexibility, they can offer shifting some CL from an existing card to open another one (typically whenever an application is declined).  YEMV though.

Message 4 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

It's not the number of cards (I used to have 6 with them at one point), it's whether they're willing to lend more or you have reached a maximum exposure.  In the event you've reached the max, and provided UW has some flexibility, they can offer shifting some CL from an existing card to open another one (typically whenever an application is declined).  YEMV though.

+1 I always thought it was based on internal exposure 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exposure is the biggie here. The original poster mentioned previously that Barclaycard had graciously let them keep their LL Bean card even after agreeing to use it's credit line to open another account which would indicate hitting their internal exposure limit. I would tread lightly after an event like this.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.