cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Best buy store card apply to CAP 1's 2 card limit?

tag
tburns
Regular Contributor

Does Best buy store card apply to CAP 1's 2 card limit?

I've been wanting a bb store card for awhile, but now with CAP 1 I'm wondering if their 2 card limit still applies since they took them over.

I currently have a CAP1 no hassles card and a BBRZMC. My 2 worst cards. I was planning on closing them next summer before their AF's hit again. But I would want to know if the store card and BBRZMC fall under CAP1's card limits. I would be willing to close one of them before applying if needed. But would like to let them age a bit first and close them both at 2 years.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Best buy store card apply to CAP 1's 2 card limit?

@tburns wrote:

I've been wanting a bb store card for awhile, but now with CAP 1 I'm wondering if their 2 card limit still applies since they took them over.

I currently have a CAP1 no hassles card and a BBRZMC. My 2 worst cards. I was planning on closing them next summer before their AF's hit again. But I would want to know if the store card and BBRZMC fall under CAP1's card limits. I would be willing to close one of them before applying if needed. But would like to let them age a bit first and close them both at 2 years.

Thanks

when did you get the bbrzmc? 

from what i here the store card is harder to get then the rewards card. 

and you might just get the mastercard again....

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 6
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I had my 2 Cap1 cards and my Kohls (Chase) and BB Store card before Cap1 took them over.  So I currently have 4 Cap1 cards (I guess lol).  But they did give me a CLI on my Kohls right before they started changing their system around (which is taking months btw), BB hasn't approved a CLI for me since Cap1 took them over.

So I'm guessing store type cards don't count towards that 2 card limit you're talking about.  Or I don't think I would have been pre-approved for the CLI with Kohls (the CSR said I was already approved for a CLI on the screen when I called in to ask about it, no pull, S or H needed, it was just ready to give if I called in about one).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 6
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

I had my 2 Cap1 cards and my Kohls (Chase) and BB Store card before Cap1 took them over.  So I currently have 4 Cap1 cards (I guess lol).  But they did give me a CLI on my Kohls right before they started changing their system around (which is taking months btw), BB hasn't approved a CLI for me since Cap1 took them over.

So I'm guessing store type cards don't count towards that 2 card limit you're talking about.  Or I don't think I would have been pre-approved for the CLI with Kohls (the CSR said I was already approved for a CLI on the screen when I called in to ask about it, no pull, S or H needed, it was just ready to give if I called in about one).

yeah technically i have 2 right now. kohls and best buy store. 

but i have gotten pre approvals for cap one plat and cash back. so idk. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 6
bostonte
Frequent Contributor

There is no two card limit at Capital One.

There is no fixed limit. Whether they let you have another card or not depends on your credit profile and the particular cards you have/want.

Message 5 of 6
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@bostonte wrote:

There is no two card limit at Capital One.

There is no fixed limit. Whether they let you have another card or not depends on your credit profile and the particular cards you have/want.

Cap one doesnt have a limit on store branded credit cards..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.