Regular Contributor
tburns

Does Best buy store card apply to CAP 1's 2 card limit?

I've been wanting a bb store card for awhile, but now with CAP 1 I'm wondering if their 2 card limit still applies since they took them over.

I currently have a CAP1 no hassles card and a BBRZMC. My 2 worst cards. I was planning on closing them next summer before their AF's hit again. But I would want to know if the store card and BBRZMC fall under CAP1's card limits. I would be willing to close one of them before applying if needed. But would like to let them age a bit first and close them both at 2 years.

Thanks

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

Re: Does Best buy store card apply to CAP 1's 2 card limit?

tburns wrote:

I've been wanting a bb store card for awhile, but now with CAP 1 I'm wondering if their 2 card limit still applies since they took them over.

I currently have a CAP1 no hassles card and a BBRZMC. My 2 worst cards. I was planning on closing them next summer before their AF's hit again. But I would want to know if the store card and BBRZMC fall under CAP1's card limits. I would be willing to close one of them before applying if needed. But would like to let them age a bit first and close them both at 2 years.

Thanks

when did you get the bbrzmc? 

from what i here the store card is harder to get then the rewards card. 

and you might just get the mastercard again....

Current: Discover Fico 689 7/14 Walmart Fico 682 7/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 8 TU 5 EX 5 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Valued Contributor
RyVision

I had my 2 Cap1 cards and my Kohls (Chase) and BB Store card before Cap1 took them over.  So I currently have 4 Cap1 cards (I guess lol).  But they did give me a CLI on my Kohls right before they started changing their system around (which is taking months btw), BB hasn't approved a CLI for me since Cap1 took them over.

So I'm guessing store type cards don't count towards that 2 card limit you're talking about.  Or I don't think I would have been pre-approved for the CLI with Kohls (the CSR said I was already approved for a CLI on the screen when I called in to ask about it, no pull, S or H needed, it was just ready to give if I called in about one).

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

RyVision wrote:

I had my 2 Cap1 cards and my Kohls (Chase) and BB Store card before Cap1 took them over.  So I currently have 4 Cap1 cards (I guess lol).  But they did give me a CLI on my Kohls right before they started changing their system around (which is taking months btw), BB hasn't approved a CLI for me since Cap1 took them over.

So I'm guessing store type cards don't count towards that 2 card limit you're talking about.  Or I don't think I would have been pre-approved for the CLI with Kohls (the CSR said I was already approved for a CLI on the screen when I called in to ask about it, no pull, S or H needed, it was just ready to give if I called in about one).

yeah technically i have 2 right now. kohls and best buy store. 

but i have gotten pre approvals for cap one plat and cash back. so idk. 

Current: Discover Fico 689 7/14 Walmart Fico 682 7/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 8 TU 5 EX 5 | Most Recent: 09/04/2013
2 Inquiries in The Last 12 Months

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Frequent Contributor
bostonte

There is no two card limit at Capital One.

There is no fixed limit. Whether they let you have another card or not depends on your credit profile and the particular cards you have/want.

Regular Contributor
Tommy5746

bostonte wrote:

There is no two card limit at Capital One.

There is no fixed limit. Whether they let you have another card or not depends on your credit profile and the particular cards you have/want.

Cap one doesnt have a limit on store branded credit cards..

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit :smileyhappy:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+