Frequent Contributor
suzook1

Does BoA backdate?

just curious if they back date like amex. I had an card with them back in 98 and just got their cash rewards card today

thanks

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet

Re: Does BoA backdate?

aleicgrant wrote:

just curious if they back date like amex. I had an card with them back in 98 and just got their cash rewards card today

thanks

AFAIK (As Far As I Know) BoA does not do this.

But let others confirm before taking my word on it.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Moderator Emeritus
fused

I've never heard of BoA (or FIA) backdating.

Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (11-08-2014): EQ 818, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26+ years ~ AAoA: 12 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1

Valued Contributor
mxp114

I tried with BofA and Citi, both denied. They said the "member since" info reflects the year you obtained that specific card not when your relationship began with the bank :smileysad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}