Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BoA ever SP, for CLI?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Does BoA ever SP, for CLI?

Does BoA ever SP, for CLI?  I tried using the forum search feature and from what I could tell based on the posts, it looks like BoA always does a HP, for CLI?  Just thought it maybe couldn't hurt to double-check though if BoA will ever allow certain exceptions to the HP rules if you have been a customer of theirs for say about 12+ years, etc.?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does BoA ever SP, for CLI?

anything you request is a HP with them
Message 2 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If your overall profile qualifies (internally and externally) you would receive a snail mail, email or online pre-approved solicitation for a CLI (typically via SP).  Otherwise, any customer-initiated requests (online, chat or phone) are HP, regardless if you've been with BoA for 30 years.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use pre-qualification site does it make a new soft pull? I would start banging them over and over every few weeks if that was the case, especially on a score rebound
Message 4 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
If you use pre-qualification site does it make a new soft pull? I would start banging them over and over every few weeks if that was the case, especially on a score rebound

No, it doesn't.  Using the prequalification tool is simply a recommendation platform for a product.  That's not going to force a SP for a CLI.  So, the OP could bang it 1000x and still not get the desired results (as you suggest).  The SPs are internally driven based on behavioral scoring (amongst a few factors), not banging the prequalification tool at will (which does nothing).

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA almost always requires a HP. I just recently got a CLI on my BOA Cash Rewards and got a $15,000 increase. If you do decide to request a CLI aim VERY high. I've been a BOA customer for a little over 10 years and they've been very good to me.

Message 6 of 11
languedoctor
Valued Member

One thing that's nice about BoA (unlike some others) - while they always (I think) do a HP, they spread them around. It's not like CapitalOne, which hammers all 3 bureaus. Here in Indiana, they pull EX for initial approval, and TU for CLI.

Barclay's Aviator Red | Bank of America Cash Rewards | Chase Freedom | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select | Discover It
(too dumb to figure out images)
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

nope, they pull TU for CLI which is my highest FICO score so I'm goodSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Normally not when the CLI is requested by the cardholder -although a few people on the board recently have received e-mail offers for SP CLI.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLIs with BoA are all HPs. Sorry OP. They are really strict when it comes to this rule. I will say that they have been worth it for me. BEst of luck!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.