Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BoA ever give auto CLIs?

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Does BoA ever give auto CLIs?

I've had my BoA 123 Cash Rewards Visa since 04/2011 and I haven't received a CLI yet, even though I've put well over $24000 through it so far.  Anybody know if BoA ever gives auto CLIs?  I don't want a customer-initiated CLI, since that would require a hard pull and I'm staying away from inquiries until after I get a mortgage next year.  It would be nice to have a larger CL so I can make bigger purchases with the card.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Does BoA ever give auto CLIs?

I haven't receive an auto CLI either. General consensus is that no auto CLI from BofA.

Message 2 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Haven't had a BofA card since 2008, but I used to get auto CLIs with them.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

Haven't had a BofA card since 2008, but I used to get auto CLIs with them.

+1. I've gotten auto CLIs from them in the past, but that was pre-2008. Since then they've been much more conservative about that sort of thing.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 5
cardslayer
Regular Contributor

Funny you posted this today. I have had a Platinum Plus since 2007. NEVER CLI. I burned 1 inq begining of this year for a request CLI, no go. I have both a business account and personal with them since 2006 also Smiley Mad which is a whole other series of random charges and issues (i.e. payroll services I never ordered at $36/mo etc). The Visa card is tied to my personal for overdraft protection only, never use it since 2010.

The other day I was invited to switch my accounts over to Chase for a $250 cash bonus for $5k initial deposit (business account). I have a business chase INK card with a fair limit ($2500), and decided I would give BOFA a shot for one last chance. I called their executive offices, and gave them my rant... if they respect me as a client, they will bring my Visa card CL in line with the rest of my cards. They took the message and assured me someone from the executive team will do their best to see what the problem is and try to resolve it. The lady i spoke to was quite nice, so that may be a good sign that they will be sincere in trying their best, or atleast telling me what I've done wrong to them.

If they don't come through by mid-next week, I will open up a Chase account and start rerouting my business through there. It should take me 2-3 weeks to be able to walk into the bank and close all of my accounts there once I open the new Chase account. 

I don't feel I am being unreasonable, since I've never burned BofA in any way, have banked with them and paid all kinds of fees for years, and run between $20k and $80k a month through business account since 2006. Also, my credit is fair between 680 and 700 accross all 3 CRs and Amex, Discover, etc.. all give me fair and decent CL's. And, even if that's not a good reason for me to be demanding, this is important to me that they show some respect to a long time customer and this is their way they can show that to me - it's my money and my choice.

I will update the community if my executive dept. plea worked at all.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.