Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BoA have a '3/24' rule?

tag
BirchBarlow
Contributor

Does BoA have a '3/24' rule?

I applied for the Boa BBR and was rejected despite my clean record and perfect payment history apparently because I opened Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and Double Cash within the past couple months.  I thought I might get preferential treatment seeing as I have ten years of PIF with BoA but alas I was once again rejected when I called to recon.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Aprile421
Regular Contributor

Re: Does BoA have a '3/24' rule?

I don't think they have any rules like that. I just got my first BoA card and I have many more than 3 in 24 months new cards.

Message 2 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@BirchBarlow wrote:

I applied for the Boa BBR and was rejected despite my clean record and perfect payment history apparently because I opened Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and Double Cash within the past couple months.  I thought I might get preferential treatment seeing as I have ten years of PIF with BoA but alas I was once again rejected when I called to recon.

How many months? Even if they have a "3/x" rule or general practice, I wouldn't assume x was 24.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too many new accounts probably spooked them. Give it a few more months and try again..
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a similar rejection the couple times I tried for the BBR... The other major banks seem to like my profile, but there must be something boa doesnt like.. Kind if over it now.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think so. I know BoA can be inquiry/new accounts sensitive.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BirchBarlow wrote:

what are your scores?  if they are 700+ I would call a sr analyst in the backdoor section and plead your case.  Just make sure there will not be another inquiry.

If you are at <5/24 and scores >700 you should be applying for the CSR!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.