cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BoA move credit lines between products?

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Does BoA move credit lines between products?

Need help from those that know....I now have a Virgin amex, well now it is a MasterCard and am thinking of getting the Bass Pro CC. They are both from BoA, if I got the Bass Pro I would like to move the credit limit from the Virgin card to it and then cancel the Virgin card....does BoA do that with their branded cards? Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: Does BoA move credit lines between products?

They will, but against all logic they require a HP to do it.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 2 of 8
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

They will, but against all logic they require a HP to do it.

+1. Expect a HP if you ask them for this.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 8
aloush11
Regular Contributor

+1 but if IMO I would call credit tell them you want to close this account and move the credit to the other card they may be able to assist. It's worth a shot to ask.

If you are applying for the Bass Pro card i would suggest to call the credit dept as soon as you apply and have them move the credit over since they already pulled your credit. Worst case scenario they would make you leave $500 on the old card. Keep us posted and good luck
Message 4 of 8
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

I was wondering about this too - - I had heard in the past that Bank of America re-allocated credit limits, providing the account had been open at least one year. I didn't think they did a hard-pull to do this though -

I wonder if anyone has tried recently to do this. Maybe if you called a credit analyst directly?!

Message 5 of 8
aloush11
Regular Contributor

When I called in for a family member they said because your it's technically a request for a credit limit. Ymmv but it's worth a shot
Message 6 of 8
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Take it from me it is a HP, I moved funds from my BOFA world Card to My Merril Lynch Sig card and without them warning me , they pulled my report. The CSA neglected to inform me of this matter and I would not have known if I was not alerted by Credit Secure. I called the credit anaylst and they informed me in fact they started this after the credit card reform act went into affect, before, there would have been no pull They told me as a one time courtesy they would contact Transunion and have it removed since they agent didnt tell me. . It took 3 months to get it removedSmiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 8
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Thanks all, I don't even know if it's worth it, HP and all....I will definitely have to think about it....

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.