Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BoA still do mid-cycle reporting?

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Does BoA still do mid-cycle reporting?

I got CLI's on both of my cards a couple of weeks ago, and neither have reported their new limits to the CRA's yet. My BBR last reported on December 28th and my Cash Rewards last reported on January 4th.

I thought BoA did a mid-cycle update if anything changed in your profile, including CLI's? I went into my online stuff and tried to change DR to DRIVE in my address, but BoA corrected it back to the USPS standard abbreviation of DR. 

So is BoA's mid-cycle loophole DoA? Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Does BoA still do mid-cycle reporting?

My CLIs with BofA always showed up after the statement date on the CRs. I've not noticed any changes until after that time.
Message 2 of 6
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

FWIW, I closed a BoA card last month, a few days after the Statement date but, if I recall correctly, before the usual monthly report date.  BoA still reported the balance owed as of the statement date.  It didn't report the card as closed (with a zero balance) 'til this month, at the usual time (shortly after it would have reported had the card still been open).

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 3 of 6
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:
My CLIs with BofA always showed up after the statement date on the CRs. I've not noticed any changes until after that time.

I'm just being impatient because I want that score boost from taking my utilization on the card from 80% to less than 50% (and dropping).Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 6
expatCanuck
Super Contributor

I can also advise that I paid my remaining BoA card in full (going from about 22% to zero) about midway through the cycle; it too was reported at the usual time.

2023 Goal: save 3 months' net income

Starting FICO8: 666 (give or take a FICO)
[ Last INQ 12-Feb-2024 ]
EQ8415 INQ (Auto, CC, HELOC, 2 mort)7y2m
EX8125 INQ (2 CC, 2 mort, HELoan)6y11m
TU8294 INQ (3 CC, 1 mort)6y6m
5/243/12AoYA 0m | AoOA 23y6m~3%
Message 5 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

IME getting a CLI had no impact on reporting with my BOA card. It reported the new limit at the usual time after the statement closed.

Why not just call and ask directly for a mid-cycle report? Worst they can say is "no".

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.