cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does BofA change APR's etc when a BT becomes due?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Does BofA change APR's etc when a BT becomes due?

DH has a Bank of America AAA Platinum Plus Visa, which he got in order to do a BT over from his Discover card. We've gotten the balance down to $4300, and we're gnawing away at it, but the 0% expires next March. It should be paid off by then, but if it's not, or if it gets close, does BofA typically rate-jack or do other unpleasant things? Current set-up is 0% on the BT, and 9.90% on new purchases. He was making minimum or barely above minimum payments until I stepped in and started cranking them up.

I've been reading some enlightening stories over on a Chase thread. Any BofA feedback would be welcome!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does BofA change APR's etc when a BT becomes due?

If you are ONE DAY late after the expiration of the 0% period for any of these CCCs, your rate jacks up.  You'd have to look at the original agreement to see what it jumps to.  I don't know if the finance charge is applied to the outstanding balance or the whole entire BT amount (that would really su*k, just like 2-cycle billing, but I wouldn't put it past one of these CCC vultures ...).

Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Does BofA change APR's etc when a BT becomes due?

Okaaaay, nothing like getting a little pucker factor to keep us focused! yeesh
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.