Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does C1 Gm Card have a luv button?

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Does C1 Gm Card have a luv button?

Have to be perfectly honest. Out of every single CC in my portfolio to now, i had some high expectations with this one. That's before i became quickly educated about their notorious low SL's and hard-to-receive CLI's too.

Does anyone else have this card and might point out exactly where to find it's luv button? I figure why not try it if it's there. I went the EO route in January but refused them to stamp a HP at that time.

I'm growing increasingly concerned about cap one compared to all my other CC's due to it's low SL (600), for over 6 months now and i almost feel like if they can't even bring it up to at least 1000 i'm quite prepared to jettison this marketing trickster from off my reports as closed, and never approach them forever.

I don't know what their problem is, every other lender i was approved for in the past year did infinitely better SL's including retail catalog store cards.
Is this Cap 1 strictly a sub-par sub-prime lender?
I accepted their preapproval last year at 600 convinced that since it partnershiped with a high end global new vehicle industry leader GM that CLI's wouldn't become such an issue for them.

Guess i was wrong. And to make matters worse, it's a World Elite MasterCard! What a disgrace.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: Does C1 Gm Card have a luv button?

I don't have this particular Cap One card, but if the online account design is similar, you could try clicking the "Services" menu, then selecting "More" and then there may be a link for requesting a credit limit increase under "Online Servicing/Card Services."

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 2 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

The GM online site is different then other C1 access sites where no services link exists. I have gone thru the "more links" menu one by one and nothing yet. Also " customer service", also nothing showing. Not even FAQ menu. It's frustrating to say the least. Looks like i'm going to have to jump the proverbial hoops again and email the EO and wait for that call again.

At this point in time i can't in all honesty see any substantial reason to give them permission for a HP should they demand it. I believe i personally would be better served if no joy for a SP, to Eject this card from off my current group where even Comenity catalog CC's makes Capital One look like it's run by amateurs.
Message 3 of 5
newUser0
Established Contributor

Not sure how much the card is useful to you. It can redeemed only for new GM car I guess..

Message 4 of 5
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Exactly my thoughts. Stranded at that ridiculous neanderthal limit it's just a useless CC from an equally useless and meaningless lender where either they don't sensibly market such partnerships, grossly incapable of intelligent marketing, or else practice deceptive scheme marketings. The latter of which falls completely in line perfectly with the recent uproar they stirred up from their announcements of last week and subsequent backtracking due to the fallout.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.