cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Cap One Close Accounts In These Circumstances....

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Does Cap One Close Accounts In These Circumstances....

I opened this  Cap One account in 2014 (I have two other accounts and a NM card)...CL was 20k and got a CLI to 23k.  

Long story short, my business debt is on this card so it is maxed out right now.....I have paid over the minimum (like 50.00-75.00 over) using their auto pay system.

Last month my balance transfer promo ended and because of that 400 bucks in interest charged on the account and, I now have, no avail credit left on this card

So, I modified my auto-pay to pay 720.00 per month (minimum is 690.00)

Question:

Should I be worried they are going to close my account since I have no avail credit at the moment ?  OR ... should I not worry since I have auto-pay on and they can see that and see that all my cards with them are on auto-pay for more than he minimum ?

Thoughts

PS...before you tell me to pay down the balance as fast as I can, I know that and it will be paid down, but there is a chance I will have zero avail credit for about 15 days until the first auto pay for 720.00 kicks in

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Cap One Close Accounts In These Circumstances....

@Andy77 wrote:

I opened this  Cap One account in 2014 (I have two other accounts and a NM card)...CL was 20k and got a CLI to 23k.  

Long story short, my business debt is on this card so it is maxed out right now.....I have paid over the minimum (like 50.00-75.00 over) using their auto pay system.

Last month my balance transfer promo ended and because of that 400 bucks in interest charged on the account and, I now have, no avail credit left on this card

So, I modified my auto-pay to pay 720.00 per month (minimum is 690.00)

Question:

Should I be worried they are going to close my account since I have no avail credit at the moment ?  OR ... should I not worry since I have auto-pay on and they can see that and see that all my cards with them are on auto-pay for more than he minimum ?

Thoughts

PS...before you tell me to pay down the balance as fast as I can, I know that and it will be paid down, but there is a chance I will have zero avail credit for about 15 days until the first auto pay for 720.00 kicks in

Nothing is ever guaranteed but I think you'll be ok. Of all the creditors, CapOne seems to be the one least likely to take any AA.  If your balance would stay maxed out for multiple months in a row, that might be a problem but that wont be the case as you have a large payment already set up.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as your account is in good standing they should not close it, even if you went over your limit.  If you have any worries about it just give them a call and let them know that you have a payment scheduled in 15 days.  They should make a note in your system and everything will be perfect.  But, I do not see them closing an account for being at or near your limit (thats how they get thier money, the interest).

Message 3 of 4
Pway
Valued Contributor

Capital One I would not be so worried.  If it was Barclay then I would be worried.  I have a high balance on my QS1, from my college tuition and I make payments over the min each month.  I have yet to see AA, and I have had this balance since November.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.