Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Cap One do hard pull for a PC?

tag
debtfighter
New Contributor

Does Cap One do hard pull for a PC?

Hello everyone...

I have had my Cap One quiksilver one card since july 2015. Looking to PC the card to a regular quiksilver. Probably should have done this a long time ago. Does a PC result in a hard pull? Don't want another inquiry on my credit report. I currently have 19 inquiries and don't want another one. Most of these inquiries are from a auto loan from 2 years ago that should be falling off this month.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Cap One do hard pull for a PC?

I don't think they do a hard pull in these circumstances but I'd double check with them beforehand since things can change quickly.

Message 2 of 10
debtfighter
New Contributor

just for everyone's information. did a chat online with capital one. They did not do a hard pull for a PC. Since i wasn't applying for new credit it is a soft pull. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@debtfighter wrote:

Hello everyone...

I have had my Cap One quiksilver one card since july 2015. Looking to PC the card to a regular quiksilver. Probably should have done this a long time ago. Does a PC result in a hard pull? Don't want another inquiry on my credit report. I currently have 19 inquiries and don't want another one. Most of these inquiries are from a auto loan from 2 years ago that should be falling off this month.

Thanks for any help.

NO

Message 4 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

99.9% chance of no HP. As with anything credit related hope for the best expect the worst. FYI asking any customer service rep is very hit or miss. In my opinion miss. Good Luck!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had my Platinum converted to a Quicksilver this past fall and no hard pull.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pc'd in January over chat with no hard pull.
Message 7 of 10
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

CapOne likes to get all of their HPs out of the way right up front when you apply, so they do 3 of them!

To add to the data points, I did a PC from a combo of 4 Platinum cards to a Venture One last March with no HP, and my wife did a PC from "Rewards" (whatever that card actually was) to a Quicksilver in August, also with no HP.

Message 8 of 10
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I pc'd in January over chat with no hard pull.

Same here

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@debtfighter wrote:

Hello everyone...

Thanks for any help.

I've PC'd w/o a hard pull.  I haven't heard of them hard pulling for a PC.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.