Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Cap1 have/use a internal score?

tag
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Does Cap1 have/use a internal score?

I've been thinking about applying for the Venture. My scores are borderline approval I think. 

04 Fico's Eq666 TU 703 Ex 665

I just paid both of my current accounts off. Made large payments, at least large for me. Both over 2k. 

Was just curious when you apply for a new card if they take your current cards history etc...into consideration. 

Had one 5+yrs and the other almost 5yrs.  

Anyone?

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
6 REPLIES 6
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Cap1 have/use a internal score?

I believe they use an older version of FICO, not sure which version. I remember when I had my app spree in September '15, the only card I was denied for was the Venture and the score they sent was very different from my FICO 08's.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My_Fako have you tried their prequal to see if the venture comes up?
Message 3 of 7
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Im thinking that they are using Vantage scores for some reason

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://findmycard.capitalone.com/en/PageVersions/LandingPages/LP_ONE_V01.aspx

Check your prequal first and let us know what it says...

Message 5 of 7
My_Fako
Established Contributor

Yes...many many many times. 

It says we can't find a preapproval for you. Then it says some about me being opted out and to apply. 

I would've app'ed a long time ago if Venture pop up with a apr etc. 

They use Fico 08 for Quicksliver and the rest of their products. But they use Fico 04 for Venture & V1. 

Amex PRG NPSL I Chase Marriott $10k I Venture $15.3k I Amex BCE $10K I PNC 13K I Chase IHG $8.6k l Amazon $6k l Chase Hyatt 20k l US Bank Cash+ $13K I Barclays $12.6k I Venture $13k l Discover it $4.6k l Express Next $3.1k l Amex EverDay $15K l Cabelas 1k I Wayfair $17.1k I Walmart $8k l SG $9.8k l Target $3.6K I PP 2K l AU Shell Gas $900 opened in 1974 l Ex 704 Tu 698 Eq 667

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

Im thinking that they are using Vantage scores for some reason

They do not use Vantage Scores.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.