Did you mean: 

Does CapOne Closed Unused Accounts?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Does CapOne Closed Unused Accounts?

@takeshi74 wrote:

@swtprncess281 wrote:

My fear is that they will close my account and screw up my AAOA.

Closure does not immediately impact AAoA.  There's a thread linked in the Helpful Threads sticky on this matter.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/m-p/347190?jump=true

@swtprncess281 wrote:

Tonight I got the msg that a CLI was declined. I'm not completely shocked because my scores aren't great, but I put a lot of mileage on these cards.

The mileage/usage doesn't really matter.  As always it's about your credit and income.

For Cap One, one of the CLI decline reasons IS insufficient usage of existing CL, so it is a factor.

Message 21 of 24
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@swtprncess281 wrote:

My fear is that they will close my account and screw up my AAOA.

Closure does not immediately impact AAoA.  There's a thread linked in the Helpful Threads sticky on this matter.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/m-p/347190?jump=true

@swtprncess281 wrote:

Tonight I got the msg that a CLI was declined. I'm not completely shocked because my scores aren't great, but I put a lot of mileage on these cards.

The mileage/usage doesn't really matter.  As always it's about your credit and income.

Well my income is about 4x higher than it was when I got the card and my credit is easily 4x better. LOL

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 22 of 24
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear that.  I'd really like to know what goes on behind the scenes with Cap One's CLI criterea.  I hear so many stories of people hitting a wall with Cap One when trying to get the limit increased and I fail to see any sort of pattern that determines what their justification for saying yes/no is.  

A friend of mine that has less than good credit and had 80% util on his Cap One card since the day he got it just recently got a 2.5k CLI with Cap One. Like whaaaat???

See! I don't understand their logic at all. At this point it could go either way and I'd be fine with it. I'll keep it around for my AAoA and keep watching my scores go up until I can qualify for the card I really want. 

Message 23 of 24
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

Well the saga ends. Capital One raised each of my card limits to (((drum roll))) $600 Smiley LOL

Moving on.....

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.