Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does CapOne Closed Unused Accounts?

tag
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does CapOne Closed Unused Accounts?

@MissMoni223 wrote:

Please contact the EO and explain that you are interested in a CLI on your cards and that you're a valued customer with an established history with them. They shoud be about to get you a decent CLI on each of your cards. It's definitely worth a shot.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the "EO"? 

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 11 of 24
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@swtprncess281 wrote:

@MissMoni223 wrote:

Please contact the EO and explain that you are interested in a CLI on your cards and that you're a valued customer with an established history with them. They shoud be about to get you a decent CLI on each of your cards. It's definitely worth a shot.

EO = Equal Opportunity.

They have a division just for that, in case you feel not being treated equally. you call them up and say, all my fico friends get high limits, so why can't i? equal opportunity!

Message 12 of 24
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@go_FICO_self wrote:

@swtprncess281 wrote:

@MissMoni223 wrote:

EO = Equal Opportunity.

They have a division just for that, in case you feel not being treated equally. you call them up and say, all my fico friends get high limits, so why can't i? equal opportunity!

I hate sarcastic responses to serious questions.

EO = Executive office

They are typically more flexibile than customer service reps.  I have heard of people having success with calling, emailing, or contacting them via FB message on their page.  I went the Facebook route recently for a product change.  It should be relatively easy to find the Facebook page or their other contact information via forum search.

Message 13 of 24
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@Simba501 wrote:

@go_FICO_self wrote:

@swtprncess281 wrote:

@MissMoni223 wrote:

EO = Equal Opportunity.

I hate sarcastic responses to serious questions.

EO = Executive office

They are typically more flexibile than customer service reps.  I have heard of people having success with calling, emailing, or contacting them via FB message on their page.  I went the Facebook route recently for a product change.  It should be relatively easy to find the Facebook page or their other contact information via forum search.

Smiley Frustrated

Thanks!!

Message 14 of 24
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

Got an email back from the EO yesterday and I called them as requested around 4:30. I spoke to a nice young lady but she was very straight to the point as if she had several other calls to take. She referenced my email and the conversation I had via FB, asked some income/expense questions and what limit I desired. She asked about all three cards but my CLI request was only for two. 

Oh well, I'm not expecting much but we'll see. After 11+ years at the same limit I hope it's work keeping a customer to them and they just raise the stupid limit. I only requested 3K. My scores are amazing and my highest limit is 1.7K on Barclay so I was trying to be realistic. If it's declined I'll just proceed with sock drawering them as planned. I'd prefer the cash rewards, but we spend a lot of money with Apple so the new Apple rewards would do just fine until I can qualify for a "real" rewards card like so many of you. :-)

Message 15 of 24
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

Followup:

Hadn't heard from EO and haven't seen an increase so I called them back today. The young lady I spoke with said the request was still pending and the only note said it had been "Escalated" which she said probably means the underwriting turned it over to a manager??!?? Guess I'll keep waiting. I guess pending is better than declined. 

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck on the increase.     I can't speak much for them as I have only had my capital one cards for 5 months and have been reminded as much when I applied for a CLI.   They need to be open at lease 6 months.

Message 17 of 24
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good luck on the increase.     I can't speak much for them as I have only had my capital one cards for 5 months and have been reminded as much when I applied for a CLI.   They need to be open at lease 6 months.

I'm hoping that fact is one they actually consider in my request. I've had my three cap one cards for 11, 7, and 6 years. Only 1 has had an increase from $300 to $500. Kinda sad. 

Message 18 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@swtprncess281 wrote:

My fear is that they will close my account and screw up my AAOA.

Closure does not immediately impact AAoA.  There's a thread linked in the Helpful Threads sticky on this matter.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Closing-Credit-Cards/m-p/347190?jump=true

@swtprncess281 wrote:

Tonight I got the msg that a CLI was declined. I'm not completely shocked because my scores aren't great, but I put a lot of mileage on these cards.

The mileage/usage doesn't really matter.  As always it's about your credit and income.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that.  I'd really like to know what goes on behind the scenes with Cap One's CLI criterea.  I hear so many stories of people hitting a wall with Cap One when trying to get the limit increased and I fail to see any sort of pattern that determines what their justification for saying yes/no is.  

A friend of mine that has less than good credit and had 80% util on his Cap One card since the day he got it just recently got a 2.5k CLI with Cap One. Like whaaaat???

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.