Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Capital One accept money orders?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Capital One accept money orders?

I went online to chat and confirm if they accept money orders. It sucks to deal with a foreign CSR when they know nothing about the country. Anyhow, I know they do but want to make sure before I mail one. Do they? Is it safe to write account number in memo?

Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 11.40.23 PM.png

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Capital One accept money orders?

Dont make a habit out of it..

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

+1.   Paying by money order is, these days, unusual (they expect you to pay by ACH, mail in a check, or bill pay via a bank).   Anything unusual can focus attention and they can decide not to like it as it isn't much of a paper trail, and that can create problems with them complying with the various AML regulations.

In particular, Chase told various people to stop paying by money order.   But once or twice, is probably fine.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

+1.   Paying by money order is, these days, unusual (they expect you to pay by ACH, mail in a check, or bill pay via a bank).   Anything unusual can focus attention and they can decide not to like it as it isn't much of a paper trail, and that can create problems with them complying with the various AML regulations.

In particular, Chase told various people to stop paying by money order.   But once or twice, is probably fine.

+1

Chase apparently doesn't even like people depositing MO's

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. Well I already bought one but next time I will send it from my checking account. Anyways its my first and last time sending a money order then.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

+1

Chase apparently doesn't even like people depositing MO's

I think it's weird. Pretty much in a decade  or less money orders won't exist.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.