cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Capital One pull a different Equifax FICO Model than Citi?

tag
JMCB
Regular Contributor

Re: Does Capital One pull a different Equifax FICO Model than Citi?

Well, lets just state this. There is no way, NO WAY, her score is, was, and never has been a 622 unless we are talking a oddball FICO model or non FICO model. First off, my score right now is a 625. I have two collections on my CR for charge off Credit Cards. I also have two vehicle Charge offs that were never Repoed and totaling over $80,000 and are still in current status in collecting. I also have 14 student loan accounts that are all triple reported as 180 days past due, then transferred, then 180 days past due, then charged off and now in collection for close to $100,000. My AAoA is 5 years and my oldest account is 12 years. She has no collections, higher credit limits, lower UTI, less debt, more positive accounts and all she has is the 30 days late from a couple years ago. There is no way I have a higher credit score than her. Just sayin....

Message 11 of 12
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Does Capital One pull a different Equifax FICO Model than Citi?

@JMCB wrote:

So I requested a CLI for my mom on her Capital One Venture Card. I got this denial letter saying that her Credit Score was a 622 on Jan 5th, 2016. My mom's credit has never been that low. 20+ Accounts with an AAoA of 10+ years. Last 30 day late was 1 year ago. UTI is at 23% ($16,000 out of $68,000. Of which $8500 is from her being an authorized user that is killing her UTI).  Her Citi Card is reporting FICO Scores on December 29th, 2015 was 672. January 26th, 2016 was a 707. So Where is Capital One getting a 622?! We stopped paying for CCT, but for almost a year, her scores were always above a 650. Only thing I can guess is one is using an older FICO model? Also Should we call capital one to see if they will pull a more recent credit report for the CLI?

After looking over some of my old reports and some of my old CLI denial letters from Capital One, I've come to the conclusion that they're probably using

their last pulled versions of FICO 5 EQ.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.