cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Capital One put "member since ____" on cards?

tag
Gollum
Established Contributor

Re: Does Capital One put "member since ____" on cards?

@jamesdwi wrote:

@h4ldol wrote:

Grrrrr!  Yet another negative feature of Cap One.  Too bad, last year when my Sony Card was with Chase it did show the date, which was rather nice too see.  

on the other hand do you really want  people to know you have been stuck with Cap One for 10 years? 

Capital One also issues prime credit cards.  If someone has a ten-year-old prime Capital One card, that is different from having a ten-year-old subprime Capital One card.

Capital One has a reputation and image problem that can only be blamed on itself.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion April 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 11 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Gollum wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@h4ldol wrote:

Grrrrr!  Yet another negative feature of Cap One.  Too bad, last year when my Sony Card was with Chase it did show the date, which was rather nice too see.  

on the other hand do you really want  people to know you have been stuck with Cap One for 10 years? 

Capital One also issues prime credit cards.  If someone has a ten-year-old prime Capital One card, that is different from having a ten-year-old subprime Capital One card.

Capital One has a reputation and image problem that can only be blamed on itself.

+1

Hiring Alec Baldwin as a PR Spokesman was a big 1.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

@Gollum wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@h4ldol wrote:

Cap One has some excellent products.  The Venture, 1.5 cash, and the Sparks business cards come to mind.

The 3 hard pulls is a deal breaker though.  

Message 13 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@h4ldol wrote:

Cap One has some excellent products.  The Venture, 1.5 cash, and the Sparks business cards come to mind.

I wonder if you can get away with 1 with frozen files?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 19
Open123
Super Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@h4ldol wrote:

Good question.

I'm thinking of freezing all 3 and see if they'll just pull Innovis.

Message 15 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@h4ldol wrote:

Good question.

I'm thinking of freezing all 3 and see if they'll just pull Innovis.

Smiley Very Happy

Thats too much, Might be able to get away with 1-2 HP's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 19
namvet
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Gollum wrote:

@jamesdwi wrote:

@h4ldol wrote:

It may be a deal breaker for those in the know and well informed as represented in this forum!  However, it's not a deal breaker for the average person on the street and Cap One knows this.  Most people still don't know anything about credit inquires and their relationship to credit scores.

Message 17 of 19
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@namvet big +1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 19
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@namvet wrote:

It may be a deal breaker for those in the know and well informed as represented in this forum!  However, it's not a deal breaker for the average person on the street and Cap One knows this.  Most people still don't know anything about credit inquires and their relationship to credit scores.

Well said. I was just looking through my EQ credit report where I have over 13 inquiries over the last two years. A lot of them were random because i didn't know any better. Like I shopped on different websites to get the best Directv deal and each website pulled my CR. I also applied for random cards i knew I had no hopes of getting. If I had only known better back then..... Smiley Very Happy

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.