cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase Auto CLI after moving limits?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Chase Auto CLI after moving limits?

My Freedom is almost 6 months old at SL $2000

My Amazon Visa is almost 5 months old at SL $2500

The Freedom is my daily use card, and I genuinely need a higher limit on it. I'm not trying to grow it just for fun. I do not need the Amazon Visa, because I use DH's Amazon Store instead.

I planned on combining these two limits today and closing the Amazon Visa, because it has finally been 30 days since the Amazon was used.  However, with both of them approaching 6 months, I now wonder if I should wait and see if I get an auto increase on either at 6 months.   

But if I move the limit over, will Chase ever auto increase the freedom again after I've done it myself?  What if I leave $500 on the Amazon, will they ever auto increase that or will my own reduction of it just be final as an admission I don't need more CL?

I'm way over 5/24 and no HPs should be in my future plans.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Does Chase Auto CLI after moving limits?

Auto CLIs with Chase are pretty rare as it is. I don't think moving limits would really make any difference, but could prevent a hypothetical auto CLI, I suppose. That said, like I keep mentioning, I think we read a lot more into these things than the companies do.

If you want  to combine limits go for it, or just ask for an increase. Yes it's a hard pull, but you can potentially just get the limit you want and get it over with instead of waiting around for months hoping for the elusive auto increase (which tend to be fairly small anyway). I know you're over 5/24, but a HP for a CLI won't harm your 5/24 status or make it worse.

Message 2 of 3
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Chase Auto CLI after moving limits?

I got my Freedom in June 2014 and got a CLI of $1,500 in July 2014. After that no auto CLI on any of my cards. You were better off apping for a new card before the 5/24 rule...

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.