Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase Blacklist?

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Does Chase Blacklist?

Want to restart a relationship with chase but not sure if they are as tough as American Express when it come to forgiving old debts.Any of you know of,or have experience with getting new credit with chase after having an unpaid collection? My 8 year old chase collection was for about $3K and has fallen off my credit report. Do I have a shot? Which chase card is the easiest to get?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Chase Blacklist?

No idea.  They blacklist.  But people have gotten through

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 38
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

No idea.  They blacklist.  But people have gotten through

After reading which one card to have thread, I would really like to regain a chase card. Maybe explaining the health problems that caused my previous delinquint issues my help a bit. Will see!

Goal 750 Across

Message 3 of 38
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Its Def. worth a shot! worst they can do is say NO and if you are blacklisted you won't have to waste a HP b/c they won't even do one.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Chase recon process is generous.  Go for it.  And recon if denied.

Message 5 of 38
mschang
Regular Contributor

if they deleted a CO would you still be blacklisted?

Starting Score: EQ FICO 588 EX FICO 587 TU FICO 588
Current Score: EQ FICO 660 EX FICO 642 TU FICO 606
Goal Score: 680
Message 6 of 38
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Thanks gettnthere & crashem

Think I'm going to go for it.To get back in with Chase would be very helpful and to be honest I would really like to bank with them. Hope they are indeed forgiving and understanding about sickness.I don't think anyone wants to miss payments and certainly no one wants to be sick,but when it happens there should be some consideration and sympathy involved.But of course this is business. I'll wait till friday and hopefully by then my utilization may have been reported to the bureaus.That should put me at 3% utli.

Goal 750 Across

Message 7 of 38
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

@mschang wrote:

That is a good question.I'm sure they would have internal records to help guage their approval systems.It has fallen off my credit report but the credit report might not be the only way a red flag is raised during processing. I think some people will slip through the cracks regardless.

Goal 750 Across

Message 8 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@MountainHiker wrote:

@mschang wrote:

That is a good question.I'm sure they would have internal records to help guage their approval systems.It has fallen off my credit report but the credit report might not be the only way a red flag is raised during processing. I think some people will slip through the cracks regardless.

it has nothing to do with credit report.  Blacklisting is an internal thing.  That's why you don't even get an inquiry if you are on their blacklist.  Ie they check blacklist and reject you.

Message 9 of 38
masscredit
Valued Contributor

I've been looking into Chase recently. Had a balance of $81k with them when I filed for BK in '09. I might put an application through and see if they throw darts at my picture. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.