Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase Blacklist?

tag
GPMDRL
New Contributor

Re: Does Chase Blacklist?

Well I called the automated number I found on another thread. The recording said approved with a credit line of $35k! I thought that was huge for someone who messed up with Chase years ago. Thanks for the help everyone, time to use my miles on my cap 1 and Amex and cancel those bad boys and make Ink my only biz card. I'll prob go for the personal sapphire in a few months when I have a big home expense coming up can easily meet the $4k spend for the sign up miles.
Message 21 of 29
nitrov
Established Contributor

Congrats!
My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mattun Just curious if you don't mind me asking, why would they blacklist you for that?  Were the accounts in good standing?

How are you guys quoting people, where is the freakin quote button?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Community-Feature-FAQ-s/How-to-Quote-a-Post/td-p/2603189

Thanks man, and apologies for the off topic.  Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 29
svtthis
Frequent Contributor

I burned providian in my bk7 that was ultimately bought by chase. This account(about 9 years old) fell off my report about a year ago but chase still knew about it. They knew the exact amount too 3250. Chase has a long memory. I was approved for a csp but they wouldn't let me have a freedom unlimited at the same time.
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amex BL is not forever. I got back yesterday in after 14 years, and I never paid it back. Although I'm not the same irresponsible person I was 14 years ago. 

And Chase - I defaulted with them in 2003, also. I got back in in 2015, with a Freedom card, and a checking acct, in that order. Chase forgives. As does Amex.

FICO's now 760-770 and going up hard and fast...

Message 25 of 29
sjt
Senior Contributor

Chase does blacklist but YMMV in getting back in with them. 

If Chase still owns the debt they may require you to pay it before they let you back in.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 26 of 29
krielly
Established Contributor

We filed BK13 in 2005. Chase was burned, although I have no recollection about the amount.

I later got a WAMU card while rebuilding, which was subsequently bought out by Chase. I thought they would reject me, but I did keep the card.

FF to now. All 3 FICO scores are 800+, 1% or less utilization, Only one card under 2 years old (Amex just turned a year). Chase card stuck at 1000 CL. Since 2008! Can't get any prequal offers whatsoever....

Yes, I pretty much assume I am blacklisted..... Smiley Happy Chase is my only CL below 5K. My highest is Discover at 44K. I refuse to give them a hard pull. Not sure why I even keep this card open to be honest. LOL!

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 27 of 29
sjt
Senior Contributor

I bet you have a real good shot at a Chase Card with your credit profile. You might have to recon but the analyst would probably approve you.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 28 of 29
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Amex BL is not forever. I got back yesterday in after 14 years, and I never paid it back. Although I'm not the same irresponsible person I was 14 years ago. 

And Chase - I defaulted with them in 2003, also. I got back in in 2015, with a Freedom card, and a checking acct, in that order. Chase forgives. As does Amex.

FICO's now 760-770 and going up hard and fast...

That IS forever. Smiley Very Happy Kiding but that is quite sometime however.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.