Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase Blacklists?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Chase Blacklists?

My sig. other is about to settle on a Chase account soon. They promised to delete the TL on acceptance of the payment. I know Amex blacklists people from ever getting another card, if you settled onone of their account. Does anyone knows if Chase  or any other card issuers do the same blacklisting. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Does Chase Blacklists?

@Anonymous wrote:

I sig. other is about to settle on an Chasea ccount soon. They promised to delete the TL on acceptance of the payment. I know Amex blacklists people from ever getting another card if you settled on an old account, but does anyone knows if Chase (or any other card issuers do the same) or any other card issuers do the same. 

Thanks

I know Citi does.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any other responses are appreciated

Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe so.

Message 4 of 31
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I believe Chase will go back at least 10 years if you filed BK on them or they lost money on you, according to a rep a year or so ago they will not issue loans/credit cards.... this was when a friend closed is $8500 Wamu Card after it had been with Chase about 6 months and turned around a month later and applied for Zappos and was instantly denied... upon calling and talking about the large CL just closed, she said it was new policy and you should have left the other account open!

Message 5 of 31
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I've done searches here under Chase blacklist and Citi blacklist, and from what I've read, they both blacklist. If a LONG time has gone by, you *might* get lucky, but doubtful.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 6 of 31
teenastie
Established Contributor

Yes Chase does blacklist! They even blacklist for folks who defaulted on Wamu and Providian accounts (or any other account that was in existence prior to Chase gobbling them up).

Message 7 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

myfico.PNG

Old post from CA on it

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 31
learnin113
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My sig. other is about to settle on a Chase account soon. They promised to delete the TL on acceptance of the payment. I know Amex blacklists people from ever getting another card, if you settled onone of their account. Does anyone knows if Chase  or any other card issuers do the same blacklisting. 

Thanks

YES!

Message 9 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well i'm relieved the 19 yr old version of me didn't have the smarts to get a chase card and CO it...............Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.