Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase Blacklists?

tag
learnin113
Established Contributor

Re: Does Chase Blacklists?

@LS2982 wrote:

Well i'm relieved the 19 yr old version of me didn't have the smarts to get a chase card and CO it...............Smiley Very Happy

My card was 15 yrs old, and they still had the nerve to bring it up.  Ugghh.

Message 11 of 31
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Chase and Citi Bank does black list. Im a prime example. Last week I applied for the Chase Freedom and was denied. Back  in High School 12 years ago I messed up my credit. Chase explained to me why. I had no idea I owed them anything. Thanks to the site I know what a black list is. Chase said they would consider me if both were paid in full.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 12 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

Chase and Citi Bank does black list. Im a prime example. Last week I applied for the Chase Freedom and was denied. Back  in High School 12 years ago I messed up my credit. Chase explained to me why. I had no idea I owed them anything. Thanks to the site I know what a black list is. Chase said they would consider me if both were paid in full.

That is a + that they will forgive if paid off, I believe Citi will as well.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 31
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy Some People make mistakes and learn the hard way. 

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 14 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

Smiley Happy Some People make mistakes and learn the hard way. 

Yea but thats just mean!Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 31
teenastie
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Well i'm relieved the 19 yr old version of me didn't have the smarts to get a chase card and CO it...............Smiley Very Happy

The 19-20 y/o version of me blew citi and wamu out the water! Good luck if my kids can get any accounts with them Smiley Surprised

Message 16 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both Citi and Chase do because I've applied for both, denied for both, and called in to both to recon.

On the plus side I was succesful with a Chase recon (got a Slate) over the phone listed in this forum's sticky, got my account reviewed further based on past (way past BK) compared to current stuff.

I'm saving Citi for another recon for next year or until I get some type of Citi offer in the meantime.

Message 17 of 31
icebain

The 20 y/o version of me destroyed providian. Luckily I just got a Chase card through Amazon.

Starting Score: 498 1/4/2010
Current Score: 642 3/27/2012
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 31
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Teenastie LOL! THINK OF THE KIDS MAN!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 31
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@icebain wrote:

The 20 y/o version of me destroyed providian. Luckily I just got a Chase card through Amazon.

It's still Chase. If you were blacklisted, you wouldn't have been approved.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.