cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase Credit Analyst know your checking account balance?

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Does Chase Credit Analyst know your checking account balance?

When you call Chase backdoor number, can they see your checking/saving account balance or CD? Or I have to ask my local branch banker call to tell them that?  Thank you.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Laugh
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does Chase Credit Analyst know your checking account balance?

Yes they can see it
Cards: CSP 6k, Chase Freedom 6k, BCP 7.5k, Sallie Mae 8.9k, Discover 5k, BOFA Better Rewards 3.8k
Message 2 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

@w20031424 wrote:

When you call Chase backdoor number, can they see your checking/saving account balance or CD? Or I have to ask my local branch banker call to tell them that?  Thank you.

they can see it.

Most banks, chase included, will however be paying attention to your average daily balance more than the current balance.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@w20031424 wrote:

More often than not, the underwriting group has access to your overall Chase relationship and/or has a specialized group that can provide them the data - depending on whether your relationship is comingled with business accounts and/or CPC.  Similarly, if you have a Chase relationship and visit a branch, a personal banker has access to it as well.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.