Not applicable

Does Chase Pull 2 or More Reports

Or just one according to your location?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Does Chase Pull 2 or More Reports

They can and will double pull if the application is considered "borderline". Any lender has the right to take 2 or 3 HPs if your application warrants it. So you can never really rule it out, although outside of Capital One who triple pulls, most of the time you will see a maximum of 2 HPs from other lenders.

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if I am understanding. Does Chase Pull from more than one credit bureau to determine your credit worthiness? According to the web, they only pull one bureau, accroding to where you live. They do not examine all three credit bureaus.

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

As kdm said Chase, or any other lender, might double pull for an application. Not with everyone and not all the time but its possible. And honestly I dont think its always for borderline applications. I think they seem to be HP happy with some and not others. It depends.
Trying to figure it out by location will only cause confusion. Im in CA. They have double pulled EQ/EX for one app, EQ/TU for another and EQ alone once I got sick of the double pulls.
Message 4 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase double pulled me.

Easy way to circumvent the pain is just app for 2 or more cards at once They seem to be opening the floodgates with their cobranded cards as well. Problem solved...ish.

Message 5 of 30
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not sure if I am understanding. Does Chase Pull from more than one credit bureau to determine your credit worthiness? According to the web, they only pull one bureau, accroding to where you live. They do not examine all three credit bureaus.

I can only speak from experience and everytime I have applied for a Chase card, I have always been double pulled.  The borderline credit app does not hold weight;  My scores have been in the 740-780 range.  I have moved my limits around a bit, but my my last app from Chase was a double pull and I received a 28k starting credit limit - I doubt that constitutes as a borderline approval.  I have the Chase Freedom, Amazon Rewards, CSP and Marriott - 60% of my hard pulls are from Chase.  I am really glad they do not have other cards I want at the moment.

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They pulled EQ and EX both times I apped.

Message 7 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have (3) Chase cards that all were instant aprovals.  Each time Chase pulled EX and EQ.

Message 8 of 30
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have (3) Chase cards that all were instant aprovals.  Each time Chase pulled EX and EQ.

Yess, there may be factors we don't know but not restricted to "borderline" in the obvious sense.   Chase and Citi double pull me, Discover single pulled for the IT Miles, but double pulled for IT, and my scores are in the 840+ range

Message 9 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I try chase 3 times and when they send me the denial mail just appear TU score in the letter , i think just count 1 pull. 

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.