tag
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Re: Does Chase blacklist people? If so, how long

Message 11 of 23
Uniqua
Established Contributor

That was a lot of useful information, mgs2010.  This has given me some insight into Chase's way of "thinking."  Thanx so much for posting. 

Message 12 of 23
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Message 13 of 23
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

Hey no problem! Glad someone appreciates it rather than immediately saying it's not true. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 23
Uniqua
Established Contributor

I understand how you feel.  Someone said the same thing to me a couple of weeks ago and it set me off.  I was upset that my EQ FICO took a 27-point hit for a small $34 balance and they jumped in and told me I was wrong too.  That was the wrong thing to say to me at that time.  I was HEATED.  LOL. 

Btw, let me ask you this.  If you do include Chase in your BK but pay them off within the BK, are you still considered dirt to them?  LOL.  Just curious because my Freedom is NEVER eligible for the cash back bonus opportunities.

Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mgs2010 wrote:

Hey no problem! Glad someone appreciates it rather than immediately saying it's not true. Smiley Happy

You stated:

" ... as far as bankruptcies, those individuals are permanently blacklisted and will never get a chase card again."

This is not at all true.  Period.

One who has included Chase in BK can easily get another Chase card again and not simply because they've "slipped through the cracks".  While Chase may not approve an application where the BK is still reporting to the CRAs, I have seen far too many people get instant approval when they have previously included a Chase account in BK. 

Message 16 of 23
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

if you say so.

Message 17 of 23
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

and to answer ur question, if you include an account in BK with them but you pay it back anyways then ur not on their black list for that necessarily, but keep in mind that chase is not bk friendly...so you would probably need to wait until after it is no longer reporting on ur credit, for a credit card that is. Auto loans and mortgages use a different method for approval than credit cards.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mgs2010 wrote:

and to answer ur question, if you include an account in BK with them but you pay it back anyways then ur not on their black list for that necessarily, but keep in mind that chase is not bk friendly...so you would probably need to wait until after it is no longer reporting on ur credit, for a credit card that is. Auto loans and mortgages use a different method for approval than credit cards.

You might want to speak with the Chase General Counsel as he has indicated that Chase does not blacklist those who have included Chase in BK. 

Message 19 of 23
mgs2010
Regular Contributor

lol wow. ok ur taking it wayy too far here. seriously... I was a credit analyst doing my job and enforcing the policies. If you know who that big head-hancho guy is then ask him why all of the credit card applications ask you to clearly confirm that you HAVE NEVER FILED BANKRUPTCY BEFORE. end of discussion.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.