Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase blacklist people? If so, how long

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Chase blacklist people? If so, how long

@mgs2010 wrote:

lol wow. ok ur taking it wayy too far here. seriously... I was a credit analyst doing my job and enforcing the policies. If you know who that big head-hancho guy is then ask him why all of the credit card applications ask you to clearly confirm that you HAVE NEVER FILED BANKRUPTCY BEFORE. end of discussion.

Not actually.

All Chase credit card applications specifically ask applicants to verify:

• My personal credit history is clear of bankruptcies.
  •  

This statement does not mean have you ever filed BK.  It simply means does BK appear on your credit report now.

Big difference.

Message 21 of 23
    mgs2010
    Regular Contributor

Message 22 of 23
    Uniqua
    Established Contributor

@mgs2010 wrote:

and to answer ur question, if you include an account in BK with them but you pay it back anyways then ur not on their black list for that necessarily, but keep in mind that chase is not bk friendly...so you would probably need to wait until after it is no longer reporting on ur credit, for a credit card that is. Auto loans and mortgages use a different method for approval than credit cards.

Chase is a client of ours so I already knew they weren't BK-friendly.  I was very surprised that they didn't automatically close my CC when they bought out WaMu.  I figured I slipped through the cracks because I had paid off the auto loan.  It's no longer showing on my CRs, but I'm not interested in applying for a new CC with Chase anyway.  My Freedom does have the cash back rewards (just not the bonus categories) and I've earned some good cash by shopping the Ultimate Rewards Mall (I think that's the name of it).  Again, thanx for the helpful information.  Much appreciated!

Message 23 of 23
    Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.