cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase do this when your on vacation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Chase do this when your on vacation?

Interesting. I haven't noticed that. Thanks for bringing that up I'll be sure to check on my trip in July. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's using the GPS on your phone to find your location and personalizes a background image for the login screen.  Pretty neat feature.  With GPS/locator off, you should just get the plain blue screen.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My point is, I usually have my GPS always on because I use it for my phone and there have been times where I have traveled and the picture hasn't changed. It's only when I have notified them.
Message 13 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Haven't noticed as I've never notified them -- even for international trips.  Might have to give it a shot just to see.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish I'd read this when I was in Vegas. Just got back yesterday, didn't look at my Chase app while there. Didn't notify them I was there. Would have been a good data point. 

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't think anything of it before reading this thread, but once I moved from CA to WA, the picture did change to to a Washington forest. Looks like my backyard.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the GPS - or it can be the IP on the wifi you are using, because it does that to me...

I work in Houston for a firm based in Austin, and we are on a T1 line here that is under contract to the Austin office.  If you open a browser to Bing or whatever you get "local" news and weather defaulted to Austin.

My chase app, if I open it in the office while on the wifi here (wifi broadcast from the T1 line), will show me photos of things in Austin.

If i'm anywhere else in town, it shows me Houston.

When I travel, it shows me the metropolitan area where I am.

It also changes from day scenes to night scenes based on local time, at home and traveling.

I never notify Chase of travel.

If your app isn't changing even if you have GPS locator "on" on your phone, it may be that you did not yet give the Chase app permission to access that information.

Message 17 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

That is kind of cool, if that's what they do. I never noticed it before, but wasn't looking either.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.