cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase ever do an auto-cli for a CSP?

tag
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Does Chase ever do an auto-cli for a CSP?

At any time? or do they do something like amex with the 3x after 61 days where you have to ask?

btw: when does the 61 days start? From when your approved? First charge?

just curious since I'm new to both theese cards...Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Chase ever do an auto-cli for a CSP?

From what I know getting an auto CLI from chase varies in terms of usage etc. I've read people who gotten a bump on their CL for getting close to the limit then PIF. Chase is probably known to be more stingy with CLI and if you really wanted one you'll have to request it and take the HP. For Amex, its a soft pull and I believe the 61 days starts from when the account is first opened, but someone correct me if i'm wrong. Amex limits can grow fast.  Hope this helps. 

Message 2 of 12
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

Thanks! I was curious on the CSP, I don't want any hp's, so I thought they might do it on their own if i was a good boy. I've got the 5k cl and I've already run 3k through and pif. My first full statement comes out on the 26th, so I may hit my 4k for the bonus by then..

My Amex I believe started 9/7....that's the first date I could find on my statement...

Message 3 of 12
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Keep in mind that they approved you for the bare minimum CL, suggesting that they may have some concerns. I don't know if that's because of low (for CSP) scores or a limited income, but I would keep your expectations in check until one or both improve.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 12
Luscher
Valued Contributor

I got a $1,500 auto cli about 6 months in for mine
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 5 of 12
Stryder
Frequent Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

Keep in mind that they approved you for the bare minimum CL, suggesting that they may have some concerns. I don't know if that's because of low (for CSP) scores or a limited income, but I would keep your expectations in check until one or both improve.

I had a Fico8 TU 704 and an EX 680 att he time and I have an open derog still on my cr that drops next month. It was a quick, automatic approval ....I did have a car loan through Chase for 2 years that I just traded in on a new car, so it is now paid off, so I think that helped.  I have zero late payments for 6 years now on all accounts

But I believe you are right though, that it would not be worth trying (and wasting an hp) for awhile....I just didn't know from experience, if they wake some mornings and just start spreading love around to everyone! lol I am just very grateful to have it and am happy with my sl!!

Thanks for the input Cb14

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have gotten two CLI, one for Commerce bank from $8K >11.5K and one Cabels Visa 8K > 12K. I had used up quite a bit of the previous CL, then after 10 months of zero interest min payments, I PIF.  Now i don't often use those cards, but I stil use them.  Not sure why I got the CLI.

EDIT: Forgot, Carecredit also increase my CL, $2K > $3.5 K,

Never gotten a Chase Auto increase, Chase did want me to close an Amazon $500 CL (3 years)  and move the limit over to CSP, but I didn't want to do that.  My wife likes the $500 limit in the event of fraud, she thinks it automatically limits our vulnerablity.

I have had the CSP for over 2 years and a joint Chase United card for 17 years, never got an auto CLI on either, though the Chase United is a $15K limit.

Message 7 of 12
driftless
Valued Contributor

I received a SP CLI for my CSP between the 4th and 5th statement. I used the card and PIF when I crossed 50% line. Chase doubled my credit limit. My wife, who has almostly exactly the same cards that I do, didn't use her CSP much and has not received a CLI. One important point to note is that my scores were ~ 100 points higher than the OP's and we are CPC.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

On CSP, I received an auto CLI from 6500 to 8500 after 3 months, then to 11,500 after 3 more months. Definitely can happen.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great to hear! Will definitely be looking forward to the three month and six month marks! It's getting some heavy use. Smiley Happy

I personally would like to keep my CSP at $5K and then allocate the difference from the CLI to my CSR.

(I have my parents as AU's on the CSP and it makes sense for me to not close it at the moment.)

Has anybody had any issues reallocating the credit limit from one card to another right after receiving the CLI?

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.