cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase factor in assets from a Chase checking account for credit approvals?

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Does Chase factor in assets from a Chase checking account for credit approvals?

@Jungook wrote:

Does anyone know if Chase looks into the amount of money you have in their checking accounts when they approve you for, let's say a Chase Freedom?

If you have $10K or more, a banker can put in a "Special Consideration" with your application.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 11 of 13
budugu
Regular Contributor

Re: Does Chase factor in assets from a Chase checking account for credit approvals?

@gdale6 wrote:

Bank account balances usually do not enter into the decision for credit with online, mailed or phone apps. It may be considered if you are sitting in front of your financial adviser applying at a Chase branch.

yes ... my personal experience definitely is in line with that.

amex - plat + bcp, Apple Card, Citi Prestige (AU)
Message 12 of 13
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Bank account balances usually do not enter into the decision for credit with online, mailed or phone apps. It may be considered if you are sitting in front of your financial adviser applying at a Chase branch.

When I applied for Amex BCE, the rep asked me about my depository accounts balances. Smiley Indifferent I was not used to it.

Did it happen to anyone besides me?

Yes, when you apply they ask for the total value of all your checking, retirement, investments and other savings accounts. This, in part, determines your ability to pay. The OP wanted to know if a prior relationship (chase bank account) will be taken into consideration in credit decisions with Chase.

I believe this is standard practice with Amex. They ask about the total value of your assets including checking, savings, other investment accounts, etc.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.