Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase give auto CLIs on Freedom?

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Does Chase give auto CLIs on Freedom?

I keep hearing the only way to get a CLI is by requesting one (and it costs you a hard inquiry).  Is this true?  Don't they do auto CLIs at all?  What does it take to get one?

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Chase give auto CLIs on Freedom?

thelethargicage wrote: I keep hearing the only way to get a CLI is by requesting one (and it costs you a hard inquiry).  Is this true?  Don't they do auto CLIs at all?  What does it take to get one?

Yes, they do auto-increases, but they are few and far between.  Best way to get an increase from Chase is to wait until your file is optimized, all new cards are over 1 year, and take the hard pull.

Message 2 of 40
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Yes, Chase does auto cli's. I have had my Freedom roughly 2 years now and the auto cli's have more than doubled my initial $2,000 limit. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 40
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Are there any "tricks" that might help get one?

Message 4 of 40
red259
Super Contributor

@Peteyglad wrote:

Yes, Chase does auto cli's. I have had my Freedom roughly 2 years now and the auto cli's have more than doubled my initial $2,000 limit. 

How many auto CLIs did you get? How long did you have your card when you receieved them? And what kind of use did you have on your card on a monthly basis?

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 40
p-
Valued Contributor

thelethargicage wrote:  Are there any "tricks" that might help get one?

Use it a lot and PIF each month.

Message 6 of 40
red259
Super Contributor

@p- wrote:

thelethargicage wrote:  Are there any "tricks" that might help get one?

Use it a lot and PIF each month.

What is considered a lot per month? I have a 3K limit, but also want to put some spend through my venture to help me argue for a CLI with them down the line. Trying to balance out where I put my spend to maximize my return.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 7 of 40
jlfce1
Regular Contributor

@thelethargicage wrote:

I keep hearing the only way to get a CLI is by requesting one (and it costs you a hard inquiry).  Is this true?  Don't they do auto CLIs at all?  What does it take to get one?

I have had my Chase Freedom since 2005 (I was forced into a product Change because it started as something different that they nixed).  Anyway, I had the same CL from 2005 until this year in April when they auto'd a whopping $200 increase.  I just called yesterday and I was informed at that time that a HP was the only way to receive a CLI by customer request.  It's my oldest card so I don't want to close it, but what am I supposed to do with such a low limit ($600).  I just received a BofA Visa Siggy at $6,000 starting CL.  So-not sure I want to waste the hard pull on an increase or if I have better odds at applying for a new card....but, to answer your questions, it's almost guaranteed it will take a HP.

Amex BCE 24.5K | BofA Cash Rewards 15K | CSP MC 13.5K| Chase Freedom 7.5K | Discover IT 3K
Message 8 of 40
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

There isn't a set amount. You just need to use it like your card.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 40
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@Peteyglad wrote:

How many auto CLIs did you get? How long did you have your card when you receieved them? And what kind of use did you have on your card on a monthly basis?

I have gotten 3 auto cli's from them. The first one was right around the 6 month mark. Usage was around 1.5k per month when I got my first cli as it was my main card at the time. As I have gotten more cards the freedom has seen intermittent use.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.