cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase know about the credit crunch?

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Does Chase know about the credit crunch?

I've been informed twice now that I've been preaaproved for yet another chase card (once over the phone and once when I went to the branch to make a payment).  I already have 2 chase cards (Freedom:2800 cl & Platinum: 5500 cl).  They are offering me another platinum card.  I'm thinking that I could:

a) accept the card and combine the CL with that of my freedom imeediately afterwards

b) accept the card wait for the promotional apr ends and then combine with my freedom

c) just accept the card and have another tradeline reporting

In addition to the 2 chase cards, I have 2 amex(blue & green) and a BOA platinum

What are your thoughts?

Message Edited by sammyfire2001 on 03-05-2009 11:21 AM
Message Edited by sammyfire2001 on 03-05-2009 11:21 AM
As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Does Chase know about the credit crunch?

Technically Option C applies to A and B as well. If you open, combine, and close, a new Chase TL will report on your CRs.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 8
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

@FretlessMayhem wrote:
Technically Option C applies to A and B as well. If you open, combine, and close, a new Chase TL will report on your CRs.

If I combine the new platinum with my freedom, what will happen to my freedom TL?

Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

My suggestion, do not get third card. It will only reduce your fico scores as the new account added to your CR. Instead ask them for CLI on your existing cards.
Message 4 of 8
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Doesn't Chase pull your report for CLI requests?
Message 5 of 8
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
My suggestion, do not get third card. It will only reduce your fico scores as the new account added to your CR. Instead ask them for CLI on your existing cards.

That's a really good suggestion.   what do you think my chances are of getting Chase to do that?

Message 6 of 8
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
Doesn't Chase pull your report for CLI requests?

Funny thing about that.  When I was preapproved for the second card.  They pulled my transunion even though the rep said that the card was guaranteed to be sent and inquiry would be necessary.  A few months later, the inquiry was deleted.  I have no idea why and quite frankly I don't care :smileyvery-happy:

Message 7 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

You have to keep asking them. I am pretty sure you will get it. Be careful, each time you ask for CLI they would pull hard inq on your CR and that can reduce your scores. Being with Chase you are in good hands. I am sure over a period of time they will give you very generous CLI's. Dont go for new account, if you dont need one.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.