cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Chase like to close unused cards (even if you are using their other cards frequently)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Chase like to close unused cards (even if you are using their other cards frequently)?

I do have all three and wish I had product changed the Slate, although I do enjoy the monthly credit score update.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Chase like to close unused cards (even if you are using their other cards frequently)?

Yeah, I was sad to see that benifit go when I PCd my Slate to the Freedom Unlimited. 

Message 12 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All of my credit cards are currently with Chase, but almost all of my spend goes into their UR cards, so I have a fee-free United card and a Slate which I basically do not use. Is Chase likely to close those accounts after 3/6/9/12 months of inactivity, even if I am running all of my family spend through their other cards?

I tend to use my chase non-AF cards, but for my AF hyatt card I haven't used it in a long time and it is still open. I believe it is different though because why would a lender close an AF card that the user is paying for? I would run a small charge through the non-AF card every three months or so. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 13 of 14
steel_string
Regular Contributor

Chase tends to let inactivity slide for very long periods of time unless there are other reasons to close the card. I've let my slate go for years without use a couple of times.
Chase Sapphire Preferred ($24.005k), Fidelity VS ($17K), United MileagePlus Explorer ($17K), Chase Freedom ($15K), Chase Freedom Unlimited ($15K), AmEx Blue Cash ($12.5K), IHG One Rewards Premier ($6.1K), US Bank Cash+ ($5K)
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.