Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Citi PC?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Does Citi PC?

I just got the Citi Dividend Plat card and now realize that Forward would have been a better choice -- rewards-wise. There's no AF, so I believe the 1-yr requirement from the Credit Card Act doesn't apply.

I'm just wondering what others' experiences are w/Citi and PC'ing. Also, if they did PC, would it be a 2nd new acct on my CR, or would it just replace the Citi Dividend card? I have activated Dividend, but not used it yet. I know I"m going to have one new acct show up w/Dividend, but would hate to have 2 new accts show up, with the Dividend showing closed on my CR for 10 yrs!

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

Re: Does Citi PC?

did you get any sign up bonus?

Message 2 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

There was one, but I haven't spent anything yet, so I have not rec'd any sign up bonus. It's $150 after spending a certain amount on the card.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 11
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

There was one, but I haven't spent anything yet, so I have not rec'd any sign up bonus. It's $150 after spending a certain amount on the card.

If you have that offer on your account take advantage of that first before you product change.

Message 4 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, my thinking is that maybe by PCing now, I won't get 2 separate accts showing up on my CR.

When you PC w/Citi, do you end up with a new acct showing up on your CR? Or does the new PC'd acct simply replace the old one?

Message 5 of 11
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Well, my thinking is that maybe by PCing now, I won't get 2 separate accts showing up on my CR.

When you PC w/Citi, do you end up with a new acct showing up on your CR? Or does the new PC'd acct simply replace the old one?

It's going to be a new account number with a new acct showing.

Message 6 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Really? So many people here PC. If it's going to show up as a new acct and your old acct is going to remain on your CR for 10 yrs, thereby lowering your AAoA, then what's the benefit of PCing instead of just apping for a new card?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure a new account appears? When I product changed from the Citi Dividend Visa to the Mastercard, the tradeline remained the same. And then I just changed to the World Mastercard, and a new account has not appeared...even though I only changed the Logo, I recieved new account numbers and they said it was a product change. 

Message 8 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure a new account appears? When I product changed from the Citi Dividend Visa to the Mastercard, the tradeline remained the same. And then I just changed to the World Mastercard, and a new account has not appeared...even though I only changed the Logo, I recieved new account numbers and they said it was a product change. 

So no new acct showed up on your CR? You still show just one acct for Citi on your CR, but it's the new one instead of the old one? Or do all of them show up on your CR?

Message 9 of 11
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Really? So many people here PC. If it's going to show up as a new acct and your old acct is going to remain on your CR for 10 yrs, thereby lowering your AAoA, then what's the benefit of PCing instead of just apping for a new card?

You still keep all the history on the account.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.