Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Citi Transfer CLs?

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Does Citi Transfer CLs?

I have a Citi TY Preferred with 2500 CL and a Citi DC with 4900 CL. I'd like to move the limit from my TYP to my DC and close the TYP card. Does Citi allow this? Do they do any HPs? My TYP is less than a year old (opened last July/August) but really have no need for it. Is it even worth it to do this?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does Citi Transfer CLs?

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

I have a Citi TY Preferred with 2500 CL and a Citi DC with 4900 CL. I'd like to move the limit from my TYP to my DC and close the TYP card. Does Citi allow this? Do they do any HPs? My TYP is less than a year old (opened last July/August) but really have no need for it. Is it even worth it to do this?

With an HP they will....And sometimes they whine about that even.

Message 2 of 8
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

You arent asking for more credit tho so a HP isnt really needed right?

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@twist7d7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

It's not needed..

But they'll want it regardless.

Message 4 of 8
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

It's not needed..

Thats annoying maybe you can use that same pull for a CLI as well? Ask for the CLI and then ask to transfer the CL and close the account???

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 5 of 8
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@twist7d7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@twist7d7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

It's not needed..

Thats annoying maybe you can use that same pull for a CLI as well? Ask for the CLI and then ask to transfer the CL and close the account???

Eh, it's not really worth it. I don't really need a CLI nor do I REALLY need to xfer the limit and close the TYP account. I'm just trying to consolidate/cut the fat. Not a huge deal.

Message 6 of 8
Involver
Valued Contributor

Citi can be iffy about it.

You may have to contact their EO, and you'll probably need to take a HP for it, but it can be done.

Message 7 of 8
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Honestly, that's not a very big limit anyway (2500). Unless you're really worried about util or something, I wouldn't waste a HP to move the line over. I'd just close it.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.