Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Citi give second chances?

tag
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Does Citi give second chances?

I had 2 Citi cards nearly 6 years ago during my irresponsible phase in life. One was a Home Depot and the other was a Zales card. Both became negative and I worked out payment plans/settlements with them and they have been paid off since early 2007. I was curious if Citi gives second chances? I'd like to possibly get a Home Depot card and perhaps eventually add a Citi card to my wallet. I'm not looking to apply this year nor **bleep**

Thanks

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Does Citi give second chances?

@j_casteel wrote:

I had 2 Citi cards nearly 6 years ago during my irresponsible phase in life. One was a Home Depot and the other was a Zales card. Both became negative and I worked out payment plans/settlements with them and they have been paid off since early 2007. I was curious if Citi gives second chances? I'd like to possibly get a Home Depot card and perhaps eventually add a Citi card to my wallet. I'm not looking to apply this year nor **bleep**

Thanks

lol, whats with the **bleep**? I didn't even say a **bleep** worthy word?

I **bleep**

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 2 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Thanks

lol, whats with the **bleep**? I didn't even say a **bleep** worthy word?

I **bleep**

I give up!

Hopefully this works...

I **bleep**

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 3 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

**bleep**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 4 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Thanks

Where it **bleeped" you. Replace what you were trying to write with the number "4" instead.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Thanks

Where it **bleeped" you. Replace what you were trying to write with the number "4" instead.

thanks,

I 4got to add that I am an AU on a Citi Dividends World MC with perfect history, 0/11,500, and backdated to 2004. Its reporting on EX and EQ, but TU is not showing it. Do you think that will help me when the time comes and I decide to apply? I don't plan on applying until next year, but I'd just like to know beforehand.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 6 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

That should help, but sometimes banks have a hard time of letting things go. Why are you so set on Citi, there are better banks out there.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 7 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

That should help, but sometimes banks have a hard time of letting things go. Why are you so set on Citi, there are better banks out there.

I'm not set on Citi per se...I'd like to have a Home Depot card 4 the 4inancing options. I 4requent HD and Lowe's but HD is closer to my house. Plus, maybe down the road I would like to possibly add a Citi card to my wallet.

I also wouldn't mind having a Lowe's card, which I already have a Walmart and Amazon, but Lowe's doesn't seem to like me as much right now. I don't plan on applying 4 anything until next year. Just curious about Citi and if they 4gave people.

Thanks

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 8 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I'm not set on Citi per se...I'd like to have a Home Depot card 4 the 4inancing options. I 4requent HD and Lowe's but HD is closer to my house. Plus, maybe down the road I would like to possibly add a Citi card to my wallet.

I also wouldn't mind having a Lowe's card, which I already have a Walmart and Amazon, but Lowe's doesn't seem to like me as much right now. I don't plan on applying 4 anything until next year. Just curious about Citi and if they 4gave people.

Thanks

this damn censoring thing is killing me....i type a message out and if I miss one "eff" then It bleeps the rest of the sentence out, and then I 4got what i even typed.

BK discharged 1/10/17

Message 9 of 14
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Yeah, sorry about the censor problem. Hopefully that will be resolved by tomorrow.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.