cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Comenity Bank give PC?

tag
Navyvet45

Does Comenity Bank give PC?

I have no need for my Victoria's Secret credit card account now, but don't wan to just close it.  Does anyone know if Comenity Bank will do a product change to a card I am more likely to use?

Fico TU 688, EQ 682, EX?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
alinoapa
Regular Contributor

Re: Does Comenity Bank give PC?

@Navyvet45 wrote:

I have no need for my Victoria's Secret credit card account now, but don't wan to just close it.  Does anyone know if Comenity Bank will do a product change to a card I am more likely to use?

Fico TU 688, EQ 682, EX?

Great question

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

There is no such thing as PC with Comenity to a different store, they are just like GECRB.

Message 3 of 6
Navyvet45

Thank you for the information.  Should I just leave it open and not use it, or close it out?  I know it works to my adantage with debt to credit ratio, but will it affect me not being actively used?

Thanks for your insight.

Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you really will never use it and you have other cards, then just close it.

Message 5 of 6
policebox
Contributor

It's better for your FICO score for you to leave it open, even if it is inactive. Inactive accounts can make only neutral or positive impacts on your score, never negative. Closing the account will have a negative impact due to lower utilization, etc.

Put the card in the sock drawer and leave the account open. If you want to make certain it isn't closed, try to use it once a year or so. If not, and the issuer ends up closing it, it doesn't have any negative impact on you.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.