cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Comenity Use Their Own Scoring Model?

tag
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Does Comenity Use Their Own Scoring Model?

I requested a CLI increase on my express card last month and i received the letter today with a score on it that i know is not my actual score.. Do they use their own internal scoring system??

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does Comenity Use Their Own Scoring Model?

I applied for stage credit card which is a store card. They pulled my EQ score and the letter I got say 945 is my score out of maximum of 999, which seems different from other score model. Pathetic thing is they still declined my application saying many inquires in last few months and many new accounts. Good luck for you .
USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Message 2 of 3
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

Re: Does Comenity Use Their Own Scoring Model?

@wajidkhanp wrote:
I applied for stage credit card which is a store card. They pulled my EQ score and the letter I got say 945 is my score out of maximum of 999, which seems different from other score model. Pathetic thing is they still declined my application saying many inquires in last few months and many new accounts. Good luck for you .

That sounds like they pull EQ but use their own scoring model.. Thanks!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.