cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Credit One ever NOT report a balance?

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Does Credit One ever NOT report a balance?

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a Credit One card a couple years ago during the start of my rebuilding phase.  I've been meaning to close it out but since I've closed out a couple of secured cards and other cards with AFs, I decided to wait until my reports are all updated before closing out more cards - so I can have clearer visibility on what changes affect my score the most.

Anyways, my Credit One card is paid off, but I just realized - if the AF is applied in monthly increments on the day the statement cuts, then there seems to be no way to let this card report a zero balance.  Has anyone had experience with this before?  I've been wanting to try the one card reporting <9% trick but with Credit One always reporting $8 balance, I don't think that's possible. Now I gotta wait another month, which is annoying. 

You could always call and tell them you don't like the AF and that you're considering closing the card over it.   They'll likely give you a 6 month AF waiver.   So long as you make no charges, they'll report $0.   And then you can cancel before the AF is due to be reinstated.

Alternately, you can just close the account.  

THANK YOU for that advice.  I went ahead and called the customer service dept.  Conversation went like this:

Me: Please waive the annual fee on my Credit One card.  

CSR: I'm sorry sir, we cannot waive the annual fee for your account.  

Me: Are you sure? Can you make an exception?  Even for a limited time?

CSR: No I can't override the system, sorry sir.

Me: Okay. Close the account.

CSR: I'm sorry to hear that you want us to close the account, sir. Is it because of the annual fee?

Me: Yes.

CSR: (without hesitation) Sir I will waive the annual fee for six months.  Do you accept this offer?

LOL  Smiley Very Happy  I'm definitely laughing with you on this one!   Been there, done that with CreditOne.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 11 of 12
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Re: Does Credit One ever NOT report a balance?

@Anonymous wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a Credit One card a couple years ago during the start of my rebuilding phase.  I've been meaning to close it out but since I've closed out a couple of secured cards and other cards with AFs, I decided to wait until my reports are all updated before closing out more cards - so I can have clearer visibility on what changes affect my score the most.

Anyways, my Credit One card is paid off, but I just realized - if the AF is applied in monthly increments on the day the statement cuts, then there seems to be no way to let this card report a zero balance.  Has anyone had experience with this before?  I've been wanting to try the one card reporting <9% trick but with Credit One always reporting $8 balance, I don't think that's possible. Now I gotta wait another month, which is annoying. 

You could always call and tell them you don't like the AF and that you're considering closing the card over it.   They'll likely give you a 6 month AF waiver.   So long as you make no charges, they'll report $0.   And then you can cancel before the AF is due to be reinstated.

Alternately, you can just close the account.  

THANK YOU for that advice.  I went ahead and called the customer service dept.  Conversation went like this:

Me: Please waive the annual fee on my Credit One card.  

CSR: I'm sorry sir, we cannot waive the annual fee for your account.  

Me: Are you sure? Can you make an exception?  Even for a limited time?

CSR: No I can't override the system, sorry sir.

Me: Okay. Close the account.

CSR: I'm sorry to hear that you want us to close the account, sir. Is it because of the annual fee?

Me: Yes.

CSR: (without hesitation) Sir I will waive the annual fee for six months.  Do you accept this offer?

LOL!!! Problem solved Smiley LOL

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.