Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Credit Solutions notate CLI calls?

tag
primechicken
Contributor

Does Credit Solutions notate CLI calls?

I got an auto bump from 1500 to 3500 on my Sam's card yesterday. Now my highest CL. Figured I'd call Credit Solutions today and just see if I could maybe persuade them to bring it up to 5000 while they're at it. First, the lady told me they would have to soft pull again fresh even though they presumably did so before the auto-CLI. So I agreed. But no dice. Denied.

I've read, however, that nights and weekends are the best times to call them. So I'm thinking about ringin em up again and having another CSR give it a go. Anybody ever been able to get a manual CLI right on the back of an auto-CLI with GE? Or is it pointless to try again if I already was denied earlier today?

Upside tells me go for it - I might get a rep in a better mood who has no idea I called earlier.

Downside tells me don't push it - whoever answers will indeed see that I called earlier, and I'll blow another soft pull and five minutes of my life just to be denied again.

I know it can't hurt to try again. But... can it?

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Does Credit Solutions notate CLI calls?

all calls are usually notated for some form of record.

And its guaranteed there will be records of all CLI requests.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ enharu is correct but you can always start the conversation by acknowledging the previous call and asking the CSR to look again. That way they know you are aware that your previous request was denied but you wanted a second opinion.

I have done that when my denial was based on 'balances to credit limit was too high' something like that- I explained that the one card that was high was due to a one large ticket item purchase and I was utilizing my 0% PR period cause as they could see my other cc's had less than 3%. My overall util was less than 15%

Good luck!
Message 3 of 11
primechicken
Contributor

Nice. Thanks for the info and pointers. I just tried to call the same number (8173), got a "please call back during normal business hours" message. What is the Credit Solutions number for after hours I've read others posting about?

Message 4 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That's the number I use...I guess it depends on what time zone you are in. I ve called as late as 9pm PST
Message 5 of 11
primechicken
Contributor

Think I should instead try to bump up the Walmart card? It's at 1000. My thought was, Hey while they're being generous lemme see if they can put my Sam's limit into Visa Signature range. But maybe a better strategy might be to bring the Wally up too. I don't know.

Message 6 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 7 of 11
primechicken
Contributor

Walmart 1/4

Sam's Club 1/20

...yet the Sam's is the one they gave me the increase on.

Message 8 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Don't just stop at Walmart. I noticed you have a Chevron too.
Message 9 of 11
primechicken
Contributor

Yeah I was kinda feeling like I don't wanna press the issue too much with that one. I don't need a super high limit with that card. I used the luv button and went from 400 to 700 with it almost two months ago. It's the other two I'm more concentrated on.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.